Tom Hardy Chased Down a Moped-Stealing Teen in London
The 39-year-old actor reportedly nabbed the thief after a brief chase.
According to BBC News, Hardy took off after the 16-year-old after seeing the two thieves crash into a car in the neighborhood of Richmond and take off running, chasing the teen through a series of gardens and across a construction site before catching him, patting him down, and hauling him over to a nearby bus stop.
The other teenager was reportedly apprehended by a police officer.
The two 16-year-olds were arrested on the suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle, police said.
"We can confirm that there were two people on a stolen moped that went through a red light and crashed into another vehicle," a spokesperson for the Richmond Police told the BBC. "The males ran off and one was detained by Tom Hardy."
"I caught the c***," Hardy reportedly exclaimed after collaring the thief, presumably using an curse word that carries far more weight in the United States than it does in England.
"Two boys on the nicked moped had jumped a red light and smashed into a car," witness Arun Pullen told British tabloid The Sun. “Tom must have been walking down the road. He went off like a shot in pursuit and looked furious."
The teen, Pullen said, was left looking shocked after being brought down by the movie star.
“I asked Tom what happened and he told me he chased him through my back garden and caught him around the block—but the route was like an assault course,” Pullen told The Sun.
- RELATED15 Surprising Facts About the Making of Oscar Winner Mad Max: Fury RoadOh, what a lovely film!READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Batmobile Concept Makes the Batman v Superman Version Look TerribleBut let's not lie, Bat-fleck's Batmobile didn't need much help with that.READ NOW
- RELATEDTip: Don’t Snapchat Yourself Committing Grand Theft AutoPolice arrested a man after gaining access to his Snapchat Story, which showed him stealing a Jeep Wrangler.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Teen Lead Police on a High-Speed Chase in a Stolen AmbulanceThe 18-year-old reached 100 mph after stealing an ambulance from Palestine Regional Medical Center.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Stolen Mercedes-AMG GT S Fall Hard Off a Chicago Tow TruckAfter being recovered from a theft, this unlucky Mercedes-AMG GT S took one last beating.READ NOW