BBR's New Stage 1 Turbocharger Adds Nearly 100 Horsepower to the Mazda Miata
According to BBR, the Miata MX-5 will now hit 60 mph in 5 seconds flat.
The Mazda Miata MX-5 is a blast to drive but no one will try to argue that it is a fast car off the line. The 2.0-liter SKYACTIV four-cylinder makes 155 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque, plenty of power to be peppy, but not enough to break records.
Now BBR has released its Stage 1 turbo upgrade to give the popular compact sports car a little more pep in its step. According to the press release, the Stage 1 turbocharger does not require heavy engine modification or engine removal for installation. Still, the turbocharger adds an astonishing 93 horsepower and 92 lb-ft of torque for a total of 248 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque. This drastic increase in horsepower takes the Miata’s 0 to 60 mph time from approximately 6.4 seconds to 5 seconds flat.
If you plan on purchasing the BBR Stage 1 turbo upgrade, expect to shell out a healthy $5,633.00 or nearly 25 percent of the car’s total value (base trim).
- RELATEDMazda Cuts Miata Cup Hardtop Pricing by 30 Percent to Appease Race TeamsMazda hopes this will further increase the already widespread popularity of MX-5 track cars.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Can Score $2,000 Off a New Mazda MX-5 MiataNot surprisingly, however, there's a catch.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 700-Horsepower Mazda RX7 Is Your Daily Dose of RotaryFor when you just can't get enough Wankel, there's this.READ NOW
- RELATEDRob Ida's 911 Turbo Hot Rod Proves That Less Is MoreWhen hot rod artist Rob Ida builds his ideal 930, you can rest assured it's going look like it belongs in a museum and go like a rocket.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Wild 9FF-Tuned Porsche 996 Turbo Spits FlamesThis car's owner came to the track to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and he just ran out of bubble gum.READ NOW