Aston Martin Tests Hotted-Up DB11 at the Nürburgring
Is a DB11 S in the works?
Aston Martin has been on a roll with enthusiasts lately. Starting with the dogleg 7-speed manual V12 Vantage S, then continuing on with the Red Bull F1-collaborated Valkyrie hypercar, the automaker seems to know what's up. Recent sightings of a tweaked DB11 have surfaced at the Nürburgring, and it has us wondering if Aston is up to something yet again. Sporting a matte-black finish and a pumped-up body kit, it looks equally menacing and pretty.
To place an "S" on the DB11 nomenclature, Aston Martin would need to bring some serious effort. Although the existing model is a luxury-focused grand tourer, it's hardly "standard" as far as performance goes. It features the twin turbo, 5.2L V-12 co-developed with AMG, and it produces 600 horsepower in stock trim. To compliment that power with the potential production car we see here, Aston will be sure to improve driving dynamics with upgraded chassis, suspension, and ECU tweaks.
And based on the car pictured here, the manufacturer has done exactly that. You can spy larger intakes adorning the front fascia, and we suspect a hidden host of aero bits out back, meaning that this could be an extremely apt example for track duty.
Watch the video here on Automotive Mike's YouTube channel, where you can also find loads of other cars testing at The Green Hell, giving you plenty of reason to waste away the day watching fast things on the internet. Pay attention to how the car behaves on track, as it seems to display a more rigid composure throughout the sweepers.
- RELATEDAston Martin Vanquish S Red Arrows Edition Is an Homage to RAF AcrobatsAston Martin's Q department gets its hands on a Vanquish S and the results are spectacularly patriotic.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin's New in-House Tuner Brand Challenges BMW M and Mercedes-AMGThe venerable U.K. brand's new AMR and AMR Pro models will offer two different shades of motorsports mojo.READ NOW
- RELATED7 Tweets About The 2017 Aston Martin DB11Here's why the stunning DB11 is Aston Martin's ultimate 21st-century car.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin-Red Bull AM-RB 001 Renamed Aston Martin Valkyrie (With Video)The name comes from Norse mythology, but we're more into a different legend: F1 icon Cosworth, the company that's building the car's naturally-aspirated V-12 engine.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Audi RS4 Avant Prototype Spied Testing at The NurburgringThe German brute sports a wagon look and heavy camouflage in this clip.READ NOW