Camouflaged Jaguar F-Pace SVR Hits the 'Ring With a Roar
A familiar V-8 lets out a boisterous bellow.
Although Jaguar hasn't officially announced that it will SVR-ify its sleek F-Pace crossover, scores of spy shots and videos suggest that one is on the way. And it's not unsurprising—not only has Jaguar (and its sister brand Land Rover, for that matter) been known to historically give the SVR treatment to a handful of its models, but Jaguar needs something brawny to keep up with the likes of Alfa Romeo's Stelvio Quadrifoglio, Mercedes-AMG's GLC63, and BMW's almost-certainly-upcoming X3 M.
Propelling the F-Pace around the Nürburging is almost certainly Jaguar/Land Rover's 5.0-liter supercharged V-8 that's been found in several JLR models in 500, 550, and 575 horsepower forms. It's unclear which amount will be offered in the F-Pace SVR, but a minimum of 500 hp is nothing to scoff at. In a crossover that already behaves more like a sports car than crossover with its rear-wheel-drive bias, 500 ponies should make the F-Pace SVR quite a handful.
See and hear for yourself, though, below. That V-8 isn't exactly new by any means, but it still sounds epic.
- RELATEDPick Your Quick SUV Poison – F-Pace S Or Macan GTS?MotorTrend pits German against English in a battle of fun SUV supremacy.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Jaguar F-Pace Is Driving Excellence Mixed With Infotainment FrustrationAwesome drive, great design, plenty of comfort. But the InControl Touch Pro system remains painful.READ NOW
- RELATEDJaguar May Be Cooking Up a Faster F-Pace and the Chevy Bolt Will Be Less Than $30K: The Evening RushPlus, a drone that can tow you and sandbags from Rogue Fitness.READ NOW
- RELATEDA V-8 Jaguar F-Pace and the Production Alfa Romeo Giulia: Evening RushPlus, a tiny touchscreen projector and farmhouse ales from Transmitter Brewing.READ NOW
- RELATEDJaguar Has Amazing Plans for the F-PaceHow does a supercharged V-8 engine sound to you?READ NOW