Watch 90 Years of Volvos Go By in This Cool Retrospective Video
The Swedish automaker celebrates a big anniversary with a neat little film.
This year, Volvo is celebrating its 90th anniversary. Maybe you knew that; maybe you thought the company came into existence alongside the 240 station wagon back in 1974. Either way, you're not likely to forget the Swedish carmaker's lengthy history after watching this video retrospective looking back at the last nine decades of Volvo designs.
The video highlights a series of Volvo models from each decade of the carmaker's existence, starting in the bare-bones Twenties and working its way up to the present day, where it caps things off with n. It's a simple concept, but the company pulls it off beautifully; the cars all look spectacular, the music captures the mood and moves the video right along, and the camera captures the best parts of each and ever model. It's four minutes long, but it doesn't feel close to that.
Check out the video below (and make sure you have the volume on). It's worth a watch.
- RELATEDVolvo Moving Production of Some Models to USAfter debating whether to open a new plant in Mexico or the United States, Volvo cites trade difficulties as reason for building new US plant.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo to Make U.S. Debut of All-New 2018 XC60 at 2017 New York Auto ShowThe T8 trim of the compact SUV will receive a 400-horsepower plug-in hybrid engine.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo Drivers Get Insurance Discount For City Safety TechLiberty Mutual is offering Volvo drivers in certain regions a discount for their cars' driver-assist systems.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo Teases Their Smallest Coupe EverApril Fools day came a bit late for the automaker.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Volvo XC90 Is the Ambulance I Want to Ride in if I Ever Need to Ride in an AmbulanceIt's the Volvo you've always wanted to save your life.READ NOW