M3-Engined BMW M2 GTS Is Coming, Rumors Say
The track day-ready coupe will reportedly debut in March 2019.
According to several BMW sites, BMW will give the already potent M2 a GTS makeover à la the outgoing M4 GTS. That means a focus on track performance, so the M2 GTS will reportedly feature lightweight seats, a roll cage, and, most importantly, a more powerful engine. As is, the M2 already makes 365 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque (on overboost), but rumors say that the M2 GTS will receive a variant of the S55 engine found in the M3 and M4 that will make around 450 hp.
Furthermore, we can expect to see the interior cloaked in alcantara, BMW M colors as far as the eye can see, and carbon fiber touches through the cabin. A forum user on 2ertalk said the M2 GTS will, like its bigger brother, be a limited-production model with less than 1,000 units planned.
Until we get more specifics about the M2 GTS, take a look at it testing on the Nürburging below.
- RELATEDThe BMW M2 Is All the Sports Car We Need—and Maybe a Little MoreIt's everything you could hope from an entry-level BMW M car—and that might be its only flaw.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a BMW M235i Race Car Driver Go Crazy After Nurburgring CrashThis VLN driver was having none of it.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW M2 Quick ReviewCritic's Notebook takeaway: BMW, like the author, finds its way back home.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW M2 Is MotoGP’s Sexy New Safety CarGold all in my rims, gold all in my cage.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe BMW M2 Will Save Us AllCheap. Fast. Fun. If you’ve been waiting for a true heir to the 2002ti’s throne, it’s here.READ NOW