Your 2018 Ford Mustang GT Exhaust Note Ringtone Is Here
You can now be alerted of phone calls by the sound of a revving and accelerating American V-8.
Ford engineers have decided to treat cellphone users to a new ringtone. Rather than subjecting them to more generic, annoying sounds, Ford Performance engineers strapped a recording device to the rear of the 2018 Ford Mustang GT and recorded it revving and accelerating.
Unlike previous models, the Mustang GT has an active valve performance exhaust for users to adjust to their exact specification. Instead of just two exhaust settings, valves allow drivers to carefully tune their Mustang GT although most of them will probably tune it to “super loud bro.”
The new mustang will come with varying drive modes, similar to the 2017 model, that can be adjusted by the driver. If you click on the link, you will hear a 2018 Mustang GT rev and then accelerate to the governed 155 miles per hour. Ford engineers opted to use high-quality recording devices but the ringtone will be most effective with an iPhone or another phone with speakers built to play music.
- RELATEDWatch Two 1965 Ford Mustangs Make War On Track At GoodwoodIt doesn't matter how valuable your classic car is—rubbing is racing.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 Ford Mustang's Start Button Pulses Like a Pony's HeartEarly April Fool's joke...or genuine creepy design quirk?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Chelsea DeNofa Drift 1,000-HP Ford MustangsBoth Ford Mustang RTRs will compete in the 2017 Formula DRIFT season.READ NOW
- RELATEDMecum Auctions Puts Second Ever 1965 Ford Mustang on Auction BlockThe Mustang was built so early on that some of the sheetmetal is stamped preproduction.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Supercharged Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Unleash Hell on the DynoThis Shelby Mustang revs so loud, you can see the camera shakeREAD NOW