Dodge Durango Plows Into Two Cars at Tollbooth in Fatal Houston Crash
The Buick sedan absorbed the majority of impact energy.
No matter how good a driver you might be, there is always a chance another driver could smash into you. That is one reason why it is important to take crash test ratings into account when purchasing a new car.
Last week, the dangers of everyday driving became all too real when a Dodge Durango smashed into a tollbooth on Beltway 8 in northwest Houston, Texas. According to witnesses, the Dodge Durango was traveling at a high rate of speed prior to the accident and crossed numerous lanes of traffic before violently colliding with a Buick and pickup.
As you can see in the video, the white Dodge Durango throws the Buick into the trailer of the pickup, and then the Durango launches into the tollbooth. The majority of the impact’s energy was diverted to the Buick, subsequently turning the vehicle into a heap of twisted metal. Tragically, the operator of the Buick did not survive, and was pronounced dead on scene.
The operator of the pickup did not suffer any injuries but was understandably shaken up by the incident. The operator of the white Dodge Durango sustained serious injuries and was transported to the hospital in critical condition; however, they will not be charged with anything.
Harris County Precinct 5 Constables said alcohol was not a factor in the crash, and it is still unclear whether or not a medical episode led to the accident.
Miraculously, the lady working the tollbooth suffered only minor injuries.
- RELATEDNew Jersey Man Arrested After $115,000 in Toll EvasionsHe committed more than 850 violations in two years.READ NOW
- RELATEDTrucker Uses Fishing Line to Avoid George Washington Bridge TollGuess the lure of a life of crime was too strong. Get it? Hello?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Dodge Durango SRT Do a Massive Four-Wheel-Drive BurnoutDodge went to the trouble of filming it. So you might as well watch it.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 475-HP Dodge Durango SRT Lacks a Hellcat But Who CaresMopar's new SRT Durango packs the naturally-aspirated 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 used by the SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee to run a 4.4-second 0-60 MPH time.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This 4,000-HP Corvette Dragster Take Flight and CrashFunny car decides gravity is just one big joke to it, takes flight.READ NOW