This Toyota 86 Packs an 800-HP Quad-Turbo V-12
We're surprised that monster engine even fits under the hood.
Almost every time a new special edition Toyota 86 or Subaru BRZ is announced, fans of the rear-wheel-drive sports car complain that the car's 200-horsepower engine doesn't put out enough power and that it's just too slow. We have a feeling those fans might not find too much issue with this quad-turbocharged V-12-engined Toyota 86.
The car, which was on display last week at the Emirates Custom Show, has an 800-hp 5.0-liter 1GZ-FE engine, according to the Street FX Motorsport TV YouTube channel. As you can see in the clips below, the engine bay is well-polished and exquisitely detailed with what appears to be carbon fiber and red-colored metal. Man, we wish we could appreciate the attention to detail on this thing in person.
The 86 also has a modified body kit with modified front and rear bumpers, and wide-body kit.
For now, we only have a short clip of the car running, but damn, would we love to see this thing getting pushed around on a track.
- RELATEDThe 2017 Subaru BRZ Has New Styling, But the Same Frustrating Power DeficiencyThere's a lot to like in the newly redesigned BRZ—but it's still underpowered.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow Much Faster Is The 2017 Toyota 86 Than A 15-Year-Old Altezza?A Lexus IS200 budget track car project kicks off with a race against the 2017 GT86.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Totally New Toyota 86 Should Be Here by 2019The Japanese automaker's sports car future looks promising.READ NOW
- RELATEDWe Drive Mississippi State University’s Subaru BRZ HybridMississippi State University turns out a sports car shocker—and The Drive is the first to drive it.READ NOW
- RELATEDSubaru's New BRZ Performance Pack Is Better at the Good Things, But the Old Gripes RemainThe chassis is nigh unbeatable, but the car's aggressive lack of charm works hard to undermine the whole package.READ NOW