You Can Play Ms. Pac-Man On Google Maps
Just remember that you shouldn't play while you are driving.
Google's April Fool's Day prank is upon us. This year, it's Ms. Pac-Man.
You can play Ms. Pac-Man in Google Maps right now. This is not a drill.
Ms. Pac-Man. Right Now.
To do this, open the Google Maps app on your phone or other mobile device. You'll see a Ms. Pac-Man icon on the right side. Or, go to Google Maps on your desktop browser. You'll find a Ms. Pac-Man icon in the lower left corner. Tap/click on her to transform the map on the screen into the game board. Starting the game and directional changes are done by swiping, or using the arrow keys. Once you've found the area you'd like to play, zoom in appropriately to fine-tune your game board. Too many streets or lots of curves might make for a very frustrating game, though that can make it more fun. For example, I played in my neighborhood and got Ms. Pac-Man stuck in a round-about. Game over. Be aware that sometimes when she goes off screen, she doesn't reappear where you'd expect. On some maps, she would just turn around at the edge and run right into a ghost that was in hot pursuit. If you are up for a challenge, go find some cluttered maps and have at it.
Here are a few interesting game boards I tried out.
First, an interstate interchange in my hometown of St. Petersburg, FL.
San Francisco's famous Lombard St.
Finally, even Ms. Pac-Man can't get through Atlanta's burned out I-85!
So have fun with it. Remember to not mistake it for your GPS and don't play while driving.
- RELATEDApril Fools (Circa 2011)! It’s a BMW M3 Pickup TruckFive years ago, BMW M played the best kind of trick on the automotive media. And we kind of fell for it.READ NOW
- RELATEDGoogle Maps Brings Personalized Directions to Android PhonesPersonalized traffic, directions, destinations, and public transportation information is now on the app's home screen.READ NOW
- RELATEDPart of Atlanta's I-85 Highway Collapses Due to Out of Control FireThe cause of the fire is unclear but it was hot enough to melt steel.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Domino Effect Of The Atlanta Highway CollapseHow the destruction of a 100-foot segment of Interstate 85 in Atlanta will impact cars, railroads, air travel, and interstate commerce nationwide.READ NOW
- RELATEDGoogle Street View's Cars Are Now Mapping Gas Leaks Across AmericaThe roaming camera cars are aiming to help utilities pin down where methane is sneaking out of the pipes.READ NOW