Man Arrested At Border After 4 Undocumented Immigrants Were Found in Car Trunk
How could they even breathe in there?
Customs police at the San Ysidro border in San Diego arrested a 24-year-old man Tuesday after they found four Chinese immigrants stuffed in his car's trunk, according to a press release from the U.S. Customs & Border Protection.
The driver who has not yet been named is a U.S. citizen and was attempting to come in America from Tijuana at around 5:45 p.m. in a white 2014 Chrysler 200, according to the release. When arriving at the crossing, the vehicle was circled by a Customs and Border Patrol canine that is trained to find illegal substances and humans, and the dog did just that. The canine showed signs that there was something afoot in the trunk and after opening it, officers found three women and a man. Police later found that none of the four had the right paperwork to come into the country, the release said.
The driver of the vehicle was taken in and is looking at human smuggling charges. Police have seized the Chrysler.
- RELATEDNASCAR’s Derek White Busted for Tobacco SmugglingCanadian cops claim racing driver was a bigwig in enormous tobacco-smuggling ring.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Russian Beach Landing Drill in Crimea Is Downright FerociousMore like a firepower demonstration than a training exercise.READ NOW
- RELATEDBold Thieves Steal 2014 Dodge Challenger From Chicago PoliceApparently Police Department lots aren't even safe from vehicle theft.READ NOW
- RELATEDUber Reportedly Worked Around Police Investigations With a Secret TrickThe system has been in place on the Uber app since at least 2014.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch These D.C. Police Officers Pull a Man From a Burning CarBody cameras capture the officers, breaking the car windows and extricating the victim.READ NOW