Watch a 2017 Subaru WRX STI Attack A Bobsled Run
Driver Mark Higgins appeared to enjoy the jarring dash down the track.
The 2017 Subaru WRX STI is an extremely capable winter vehicle, but every car has its limits—right? Apparently not, as Subaru sent a rally-ready WRX STI sedan down the Saint Mortiz-Celerina Olympic Bobrun with Mark Higgins at the helm.
Powered by a 305 horsepower turbocharged boxer engine, the AWD WRX STI is perfect for tackling hairy situations, now including extremely tight and icy “roads.” The video starts off fairly tame but as the vehicle begins to pick up speed and take hard corners, the WRX STI’s body paneling starts to suffer the consequences. Over the length of the run, the WRX is smashed up against walls, blasting through barriers and receiving some moderate cosmetic damage. Still, the car makes it to the bottom in one piece and Mark Higgins is smiling all the while.
The Drive does not recommend you recreate any of these events on your own, but it is safe to say the 2017 Subaru WRX STI is capable of tackling any winter obstacle you throw at it.
- RELATEDBaby Driver Trailer Shows a Subaru WRX Getting SidewaysThere's also a Dodge Challenger.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Subaru Crosstrek Impresses at GenevaRevised safety and styling make this an even more viable choice for consumers.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's How Subaru's Famous Boxer Engine WorksThis simple demonstration shows the function and benefit of the unique powerplant.READ NOW
- RELATEDDashcam Footage of a Subaru WRX's Head-On Collision With a Nissan Is TerrifyingOne minute, the Subaru was cruising down Australia's Pacific Highway; the next, a Nissan was rocketing towards it.READ NOW
- RELATEDSubaru Likely Won’t Give the WRX a Redesign Until 2020But a design "facelift" of sorts is expected for 2018.READ NOW