New Mercedes-AMG GT Concept Is a Four-Door Beauty
Another sexy saloon springs up from Stuttgart.
Details are scarce, but Mercedes announced today that it will bring a new four-door concept called the Mercedes-AMG GT Concept to the Geneva Motor Show. The German automaker has only released a sketch of what the rear of the concept might look like, but it gives a clear direction of where Mercedes plans to go with the design of this car, which borrows heavily from the styling of the AMG GT—its pinched rear end, thin tail lights, and centrally mounted exhaust, for example.
It's unclear what kind of power the GT Concept will be packing, but if its power plant ends up being borrowed from the AMG GT's—a 4.0 twin-turbocharged V8 that churns out 503 hp—a rivalry between this and Porsche's newest Panamera Turbo (and Turbo S E-Hybrid) seems imminent. A little Stuttgart rivalry never hurt anyone.
With overpowered wagons and saloons galore, 2017 is looking like a good year to be an auto enthusiast.
- RELATEDIs There a New Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain AMG Under That Camo?It appears the Audi Allroad competitor might have a new sport model on the way.READ NOW
- RELATEDMercedes-AMG F1 W08 Formula 1 Car Breaks CoverLower, wider, more aggressive—and definitely sexier. There's a lot to like about Mercedes-AMG's replacement for last year's fastest F1 car.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Stolen Mercedes-AMG GT S Fall Hard Off a Chicago Tow TruckAfter being recovered from a theft, this unlucky Mercedes-AMG GT S took one last beating.READ NOW
- RELATEDMercedes-AMG Lineup Will Go Hybrid Starting Around 2020AMG boss Tobias Moers says to expect a hybrid and electric future for Mercedes-Benz's performance brand.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Mercedes-AMG GLE43 Test Drive: 7 First ImpressionsOur initial thoughts from behind the wheel.READ NOW