Watch A Man Narrowly Escape Certain Death by Bus
Pro tip: don't stand on a snow-covered Russian highway if you want to live.
When driving in the snow, you generally want to reduce your speed to below the posted limit. You also want to find the lane that appears to be clear of snow or other debris. The driver in this quick video, from Russia, heeded none of these practices. You can guess the result.
To no one’s surprise, the car loses control and eventually slams into the guardrail. Rather than doing the smart thing and getting out of harm’s way, the driver exits his vehicle and casually inspects the damage. Within seconds a bus comes barreling towards the disabled vehicle and smashes into it. The car flies forward, and the driver escapes certain death by the thinnest of margins. The driver isn't fully to blame for the second accident, since the bus should have given ample room and slowed down before approaching the disabled sedan. But that's not to say he's blameless—inspecting the damage to your vehicle in the middle of a highway in dangerous conditions is grade-A stupid.
This video serves as a simple, 30-second tutorial on what not to do while driving in the snow, and what not to do if you happen to get into an accident while driving in the snow. If you choose to venture out during bad weather, drive slowly, avoid changing lanes, and immediately seek a safe area if your car should become disabled.
- RELATEDDaimler Will Open Russian Factory in 2019The plant will produce Mercedes-Benz SUVs and E-Class models.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Cummins Diesel-Powered Ford Bronco Barrel Through the SnowThe video also features a twin-turbocharged Cummins Ford F-250.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Lucid Air EV Get Sideways in the Minnesota SnowThe Lucid Air may only be in the pre-production phase but testers seem to be making the most out of the 1,000-hp monster.READ NOW
- RELATEDTaking A Porsche 991.2 Carrera 4S For A Spin In The SnowWith all-wheel-drive and proper winter weather tires it's snow masterREAD NOW
- RELATEDEpic Dukes of Hazzard General Lee Stunt in Detroit Ends, Predictably, in Awesome CrashThere's a reason the actual TV show went through so many Dodge Chargers.READ NOW