Jeep Reveals New Wrangler Rubicon Recon Edition
Jeep is adding another special edition to the Wrangler lineup...just in case there weren't enough versions of FCA's iconic off-roader already.
It’s that time of year again: time for Jeep to come out with a new edition of the Wrangler. (Which is basically any time of year, considering how many special editions Fiat-Chrysler's famed SUV brand hauls out of the iconic four-by-four.) Jeep has announced it will be getting rid of the Rubicon Hard Rock edition and replacing it with the Rubicon Recon edition. Because, presumably, "Recon" sounds tactical and cool, while "Hard Rock" brings to mind cheesy rock and roll restaurants.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon comes packed with off-road goodies
The new Rubicon Recon will be packed with little goodies to make the truck off-road-ready, like a Dana 44 front axle, improved differential covers, 4.10:1 front and rear ratios, and Tru-Lok locking differentials.
The Recon edition will also have a ½-inch lift, 32-incg BF Goodrich KM tires, and modified fenders to house a larger tire if desired. In addition, the Rubicon Recon will have red stitching, dash decals, fender decals, and plenty of little styling cues throughout the vehicle to remind owners that they purchased a Recon.
Sadly for off-roaders on a budget, the price of the Wrangler continues to climb. The two-door Wrangler Rubicon Recon will start at $40,140, while the four-door Wrangler will start at $43,940.
- RELATEDIs This the 2018 Jeep Wrangler's Grille?Leaked image shared to a Jeep Wrangler forum shows what seems to be the 2018 model's (slightly revised) front end.READ NOW
- RELATEDMercedes-Benz Outsells BMW in 2016 and Wranglers May Get A Hybrid Powertrain: The Evening RushPlus, Duke Cannon soaps to keep you from stinking everything up.READ NOW
- RELATEDJeep Grand Wagoneer, Wrangler Pickup Investment ConfirmedJeep cashes in on the hype.READ NOW
- RELATEDFor $56,000, You Can Have a Hellcat-Powered WranglerOn top of the purchase price of the vehicle.READ NOW
- RELATEDJeep Reportedly Has Six More Special Edition Wranglers Coming Before New Model ArrivesThe JK-generation has a few more surprises left to give.READ NOW