Carjacking Attempt Uses Dummy as Decoy
Keep your doors locked and eyes open.
When we think of being cautious drivers, it's in terms of keeping our eyes up, the phone in our pocket, and always having an exit strategy. Now, damn it, we have to think about carjackings. Particularly clever carjackings, at that.
According to a report from the Carteret County Sheriff’s Office (North Carolina), a 33-year-old female was driving down a road in Paradise Mobile Home Park when she came across what looked to be a young individual sitting in the middle of the road. When she stopped, she noticed the individual was in fact a dummy—but by that time, two men in hooded sweatshirts were trying to enter her vehicle. Fortunately, her vehicle was locked and she was able to speed away.
Officers investigated the incident around 1:30 AM but were unable to find the suspects for questioning. However, they did confiscate the dummy. It looks terrifying.
This serves as a timely reminder to always have your doors locked and to remain aware of your surroundings at all times. If something seems off, it probably is.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 29th, 2016: Police Catch Thieves Responsible for 30 FCA TheftsThe pair stole the cars using only a laptop.READ NOW
- RELATEDLittle Rock Has A Cold-Weather Car-Theft ProblemAnother reason not to let your car warm up for half an hour.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo’s “Highway Robbery” Steals From the Innocent, Says “Thank You”Swedes claim they're making a point about hybrids and energy. The real point is that there's a whole new Volvo coming.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Kickass Machines of the NYPDThe country's largest police department has 9,000 vehicles—including some really awesome toys.READ NOW
- RELATEDSorry, Trump’s EPA Changes Won’t Mean Giant New V-8sThat's just wishful thinking.READ NOW