Watch a Drone Explore an Abandoned Cooling Tower
Drones can take you anywhere.
Drones are so prevalent now there are few places left unexplored. In this case, we get to see the inside of a massive abandoned cooling tower.
From what we can tell, the towers have been inactive for a significant period of time and appear to be easily accessible on foot. However, the drone does a fantastic job of displaying the sheer size of each structure. Through a series of acrobatic maneuvers and ascents, the drone operator thoroughly explores the tower and shows off his drone skills.
Drones have allowed us to get up close and personal with plenty of hard to reach places, but it is important for operators to confirm the legality of their flight before embarking. We all get curious about places we can’t normally access but it is totally not worth getting a ticket or arrested for.
- RELATEDFAA Slaps Biggest Fine Yet on Drone Company for Flying Over Busy CitiesTo be fair, though, it's a quite a break from the originally-proposed fine of $1.9 million.READ NOW
- RELATEDIn 2016, Flirtey Made Drone Deliveries in the U.S. a RealityIn Nevada, some 7-Eleven customers can order on-demand medication and Slurpees delivered to their homes by drones. For real.READ NOW
- RELATEDHunting For Abandoned Locomotives in the North Maine WoodsInto the forgotten wilderness, hunting ghosts of industry past.READ NOW
- RELATEDInside the Abandoned Headquarters of a Failed Formula 1 TeamCaterham F1's offices abruptly shuttered years ago, and hasn't reopened since. Here's what it looks like now.READ NOW
- RELATEDChina Gives Drone Back—But Why Did They Grab It In The First Place?The Chinese had plenty of reason to be suspicious.READ NOW