EA Games and Porsche Finally Reach an Agreement and the Chevy Bolt Hits Showrooms: The Evening Rush
Plus, Apple Airpods are on sale for the holidays.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Finnish tire manufacturer Nokian has come up with an easy-to-use laser system called Snapskan that quickly measures the amount of tread left on a tire. The operator does not even need to leave the car for an accurate measurement. Nokian intends to have the device installed in places like drive-thrus, car washes, and gas stations.
Porsche and EA games have finally come to a licensing agreement. The beloved auto manufacturer will grace the screens of gamers everywhere, now that EA Games will incorporate Porsche in their upcoming products.
The first three 2017 Chevy Bolts have been delivered to the San Francisco area. Each owner has previously owned an electric vehicle (BMW i3, Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius) and they have decided to turn to the Bolt. With a $37,495 price tag and 238 miles of range, we have a sneaky feeling a lot of other EV/hybrid owners will be doing the same.
Okay, the Apple earbuds have been around for way too long to have gone unchanged. Fortunately, Apple is now offering wireless earbuds called Airpods that utilize a charging case, so you can do all the activities your heart desires (except swim) without being restricted by cords.
Drop the subtle hint that your loved one is clumsy and get them a durable iPhone case from Magpul. The Bump Case is comprised of hard plastic as well as a rubber shell to ensure maximum protection. Sadly, the case does not protect against unplanned aquatic adventures—but you can only help little Timmy so much.
If you have someone in your life who is at home on the river, head over to Gear Junkie and check out their gift guide for anglers.
No need to overcomplicate things: Buy yourself a Camp Chef Lumberjack Over Fire Grill and drop it on top of your fire pit for some great winter cooking. There is something about the taste of wood and charcoal in your food that really make you feel one with nature.
Correction: This article has been updated to reflect the fact that Forza and Gran Turismo are not EA games.
- RELATEDPhoto of the Week: December 13th, 2016You submit, we ogle.READ NOW
- RELATEDCar-to-Car Communication Could be Mandatory by 2023Saving people from accidents and crashes, one high-tech vehicle at a time.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Lexus LC500 Flies the CoupeThis two-door stunner charts a favorable course for Lexus.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For December 14th, 2016: The First Three Chevy Bolts Are DeliveredThe first three Bolts grace the San Francisco area.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For December 14th, 2016: Ford Dealerships Jack Up Raptor PricingAh, the sweet sound of cost and demand.READ NOW