Photo of the Week: December 13th, 2016
You submit, we ogle.
Each week, we ask you, The Drive readers, to submit your best car shots for our photo contest. This week’s winner is Zachary Hansen.
1. Tell us about the winning shot—where, when, how, all that stuff.
I've always been drawn to photographing cars during during less-than-ideal weather conditions. My favorites are snow storms but this rainy day did the trick too. This image was captured along the shore of Lake Michigan in Highland Park, IL. I had a vision for what I wanted the shot to look like, and I just had to have the patience to wait for the right wave to come along.
2. If you could own your once-in-a-lifetime dream car, new or vintage and price no object, what would it be?
The McLaren F1 has always been my dream car and I think it will continue to be for the rest of my life. Oddly enough, the new McLarens do nothing for me, but the F1's naturally aspirated BMW V12, manual-transmission, lightweight construction and center seating position all add up to create what I consider to be the perfect car.
3. How do you feel about self-driving cars?
I am really fascinated by them from a technological and safety standpoint, but they do cause me a bit of concern as a car enthusiast. As long as I can continue to drive my own car, I have no problem with others choosing to let their car drive for them.
4. Which had the better car chase scene: Bullitt, or Ronin?
Considering I work for an Audi dealership, I think I'm contractually obligated to say Ronin!
5. Favorite photographer, car or otherwise?
Frederic Schlosser has always been the automotive photographer that I've admired most. His post processing skills are simply incredible and all of his images are extremely well composed.
Every week, The Drive gives props to the best user-generated car photo with a republication on all our social media platforms, plus an interview with the photographer on our homepage at TheDrive.com. If you think you have what it takes, submit your photo to email@example.com with the subject "Photo Contest." The edit team will then proceed to sit in a big circle yelling about which photo they like the most. The submission deadline is this Friday, December 16 at 12:00pm (PST)—so get snappin'.
- RELATED$1 Million Porsche 911 Rs and an Insane Warranty From Genesis: The Evening RushPlus, another rad offroad trailer and adventure shorts from Ball & Buck.READ NOW
- RELATED7 Choice Picks From This Year's Best Porsche AuctionTractors, coat racks, race-ready kit, unobtanium 911s. It’s all here.READ NOW
- RELATED7 of the Most Powerful Porsche 911s in the WorldWhat happens when Earth's most balanced cars succumb to horsepower fever.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Porsche 959 Prototype, the Ultimate Eighties Hero, Is for SaleThis twin-turbo deity is yours—for $1.7 million.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Porsche Boxster Spyder in the Wettest Place in North AmericaWhere frost, lake and cloud conspire to thrill—and nearly kill.READ NOW