Aston Martin Brings Back the DB4 GT and FCA May Delay the Grand Wagoneer: The Evening Rush
Plus, Best Made Co. enamelware for 30% off.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The rumors may be true, an undisclosed source at FCA said it decided to postpone the heavily anticipated Grand Wagoneer. This does not come as a huge surprise since the rumor has been circulating for about a month now and FCA is currently $7 billion in debt. No word on how long the six-figure luxury SUV will be delayed but we will be sure to keep you posted.
I am going to make a bold statement and say I couldn’t care less about The Fate of The Furious but the wide-body Challenger found in the trailer intrigued me. There have been plenty of rumors about the wide-body Challenger ADR and the eighth edition of the franchise may help clarify some questions.
Aston Martin has decided to do a limited run of the DB4 GT. They will be making 25 of the 1959 classic at their Aston Martin Works facility in Newport Pagnell. The cars will be powered by 3.7-liter straight-six cylinder cranking out 350-hp. No word on how much the car will cost but we can confidently say it will be north of a million dollars.
If you are in the market for a new fishing net, the carbon fiber Tenkara Landing Net is one that should be heavily under consideration. With a clear rubber bag for improved fish care and cleaning, this particular net will quickly become your favorite tool on the river.
Do you remember playing with rubber band guns as kid? Of course you do you little rascal. Now you can relive your childhood with the PPK Rubber Band Gun. Although it is not that powerful (20 foot range), you will have plenty of fun annoying your friends.
A tried and true holiday gift for someone you care about is the L.L.Bean Tote Bag. Coming in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and colors, the L.L.Bean Tote is a staple of New England craftsmanship. Easily able to last a quarter century, the L.L.Bean tote has accompanied families on ski trips, beach days, overnighters and the occasional shindig.
Are you still desperately shopping for holiday gifts? Well direct your attention to the Best Made Co. enamelware currently 30% off. Although all their enamelware is on sale, I suggest you pay special attention to the awesome 16oz tumblers.
- RELATEDHow I Ruined All My CarsIn which I recall a lifetime of really stupid decisions.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhite-Letter Tires Are BadassWan't to make your muscle car or off-roader look cooler? Borrow this NASCAR styling cue.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin to Build 25 Vintage DB4 GT Continuation CarsThe British automaker joins a growing list of OEMs resurrecting rare old models.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 VW Passat Is Exactly What You Need, and Nothing More, and That's a Good ThingThere's an art to being perfectly capable and unremarkably handsome. This car is that, exactly.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for Monday December 12th, 2016: The Shelby FP350S is A Turnkey Track Car For The AgesA 5.2-liter Voodoo V-8 track car? Yes please.READ NOW