Jeep Debuts the All-New Compass and Audi Shows Off the 2018 A5 Sportback: The Evening Rush
Plus, your socks don't have to be completely lame.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The all-new 2017 Jeep Compass is finally here and it appears the wait was worth it. The handsome new Compass replaces the prehistoric Compass and Patriot that have been in the Jeep line-up since 2006. The new compact off-roader will be powered by a 2.4-liter Tigershark four-cylinder with 180 horsepower and 175 lb.-ft. of torque. In order to honor the Jeep name, the Trailhawk version will have a 30-degree approach angle and a 34-degree departure angle. Not too shabby for a compact SUV.
If you hold out a little longer, you can buy that miniature Audi A7 you always wanted. This week at the L.A. Auto Show, Audi debuted the 2018 A5 Sportback. Mimicking the lines of the larger A7, the A5 Sportback is a nice alternative to a four-door sedan. The A5 will be powered by the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder good for 252 horsepower and 273 lb.-ft. of torque.
America’s fascination with fast SUVs couldn’t be more apparent than in the future Jeep line-up. According to reports, FCA will sell the current Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT alongside the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. Yes, Jeep will be selling two SUVs boasting ridiculous horsepower numbers. The demonic Trackhawk will likely utilize the supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 found in the current Hellcat models.
Socks don’t have to be the most boring article of clothing in your daily attire. Instead, with outrageous designs and colors, they can be the highlight of your outfit. With more than 100 designs to choose from, you can go to www.jimmylion.com, pick your four favorites, and have them quickly shipped to your door.
We have all misplaced our wallet, much as we don’t want to admit it. Although you can often find your wallet in a few minutes, those rare occasions where you have no idea where it is are completely terrifying. Quickly remediate the situation by using Tile Slim. Unlike the original Tile, Tile Slim can fit in your wallet like any other card, and can allow easy tracking using the Tile app.
If you are looking for a rad/bizarre backpack, then don’t look past the Herschel Supply Little America Backpack Hudson's Bay Company Collection. Similar to Herschel’s signature rucksacks, this backpack takes the iconic color scheme of a Hudson bay blanket and turns it into an awesome adventure bag.
A classic large-check red flannel is a staple of any wardrobe. Knowing this, Ball & Buck has released their Premium Hunter’s Shirt. With reinforced stitching, elbow patches, and a shoulder patch. The Hunter’s Shirt will gladly withstand the test of time.
- RELATEDSeven Cars Better Suited for “How To Get Away With Murder”The Cadillac CTS-V deserves a tire-squealing appearance in Shonda Rhimes' hit show.READ NOW
- RELATEDDon't Bet Against the Audacious, All-Electric Jaguar I-PACE SUVAfter a year of astronomical sales, Jaguar is going after the Tesla Model X.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Drive the Baja 500 in One Easy LessonChris Cantle goes from the tarmac to the second-most grueling off-road race in the world. Will he survive?READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: The Vimble SBecause no one likes a shaky video.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 18, 2016: The 2018 Jeep Compass Makes U.S. Debut at the L.A. Auto ShowAmericans only get one engine, but at least we can spec a stick.READ NOW