Mercedes-Benz Gives the G-Wagen a Facelift and Ferrari Looks to a Hybrid Future: The Evening Rush
Plus, turn your garage into a gym with Rogue Fitness.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen has looked about the same since pretty much the dawn of time. However, there comes a point where change is necessary. As you can see in these spy shots, the G-Class is about to receive a much-needed facelift. According to reports, the new G-Wagen will grow in size but also lose weight, in an attempt to improve gas mileage.
According to reports, FCA will not redesign the Dodge Challenger and Charger until 2020. Initially targeted for 2018, FCA has decided to push back the transition to the Giorgio platform (used on 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia) until 2020. However, expect to see significant updates to both the Charger and Challenger before the full redesign.
Ferrari CEO Sergio Marchionne recently announced that Ferrari will incorporate hybrid powertrains into all of its models starting in 2019. Although this is not the direct motive, Marchionne stated that the addition of hybrid powertrains could help the carmaker produce more than 10,000 cars a year by 2025.
If for some reason you haven’t already heard about the Amazon Echo, stop what you are doing and start researching this awesome piece of technology that makes Siri look dumb by comparison. Echo can play music, conduct Google searches, tell the temperature, read traffic reports, and so much more. Get yours today for $180.
If you are looking for something to keep your phone, tablet, passport, pen, charger, etc. all in one place, you should check out the Mod Tablet 3 by This Is Ground. Made with fine Italian leather and a heavy-duty zipper, this case is the perfect travel companion. Plus, it has a built in Tile chip just in case you misplace it (and thus your whole life).
So you are about to go home to see your parents for the holiday season and you don’t have a dopp kit. Sorry man—the Ziploc with toothpaste stains isn't an option anymore. Show mom you are a real adult and purchase a canvas dopp kit from Ball & Buck. Your mom will be so proud of how grown-up you are. (ust make sure to hide that black garbage bag you call a "suitcase.")
Winter is upon us—and with it comes a drastic decrease in your motivation to go to the gym. In order to combat your tendency to hibernate, purchase the Rogue W-4 Garage Gym to shorten the commute between your couch and the Gain Train (I stand by that term). You'll have to pay extra for the weights, but the first step to a solid home gym is a good rack.
- RELATEDThe Chevrolet Camaro 1LE Delivers a Knockout Punch to the Mustang GTThe Mustang-Camaro performance rivalry is becoming one-sided.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is Hyperloop One's Concept for High-Speed Abu Dhabi-to-Dubai TravelHyperloop One shows off a concept for the next generation of people-moving.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Grand Tour Destroyed 27 Cars and Drove 1.4 Billion MilesSo claims a hyperbolic Jeremy Clarkson in the latest trailer.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Ex-Stig Ben Collins Manhandle a Range Rover Sport Down a Ski MountainHe nearly topped 100 miles per hour in the 510-horsepower SUV.READ NOW
- RELATEDAll Ferraris Will Start Going Hybrid in 2019, CEO SaysPart of a move that could take production to unforeseen levels...such as 10,000 cars a year.READ NOW