Fuel Economy Continues to Rise and the Ford Mustang Is the Hottest Coupe at SEMA: The Evening Rush
Plus, Lululemon pants for men.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Despite the boom in pickup truck sales for the 2016 model year, the EPA has announced an increase in average fuel economy across the board. In addition, the EPA has announced that average pickup mpg has also jumped up by 0.9 miles per gallon.
The Ford Mustang was voted the “hottest coupe” of the 2016 SEMA show, just beating the Chevy Camaro. Thanks to a low starting price and plenty of room for modification, it isn’t surprising to hear that fans of SEMA selected the pony car to be their favorite two-door.
It isn’t a good SEMA show without a little drama. U.S. Marshals raided two SEMA booths for allegedly selling counterfeit Jeep parts. Both Chinese companies involved are being charged with copyright infringement.
In the market for a coffee mug that grinds, brews, strains and keeps your coffee warm? The answer is probably no...because you didn’t know that existed, until now. The Cafflano by Beans Corps is a genius invention that condenses the brew process into a one-tool task, thanks to its segmented mug. Utilizing a grinder on top, a strainer in the middle, and an insulated mug on the bottom, the Cafflano is everything you need for fresh bean juice.
Danner Boots and New Balance have come together to make a boot/shoe hybrid called the Danner Light Pioneer. Utilizing a Gore-Tex lining and a New Balance sole, the boot will definitely allow users to be a little lighter on their feet as they go about their tasks and adventures. If you plan on purchasing a pair, I would recommend to do so soon, as supplies are limited.
If you are in the market for a solid pair of workout pants, look no further than the Lululemon Surge Pants for men. Designed with wet weather and sweat in mind, these pants will keep you dry and motivated for your whole workout. Plus, they won’t retain that gnarly body odor you've become accustomed to.
A new app called Skyline by View Ranger now allows users to view points of interest on an adventure using the camera on their phone. Utilizing augmented reality, Skyline provides users with the necessary data to create the perfect trip.
- RELATEDTesla Sees a Solar-Powered Future—But Can You Afford It?Elon Musk wants you to go all-in with the company's high-ticket, solar-powered ecosystem.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Ford Escape Titanium Is Exactly What You Need, and Nothing MoreSometimes you need to just be responsible.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Grappler Police Bumper Is Made to End Chases by Lassoing CarsA safe (and awesome) new way to quickly end a police chase.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe BMW X4 M40i Is the Year's Most Overlooked PerformerYes, it's one of those slope-roofed crossovers. Get over it.READ NOW
- RELATED7 of the Most Powerful Porsche 911s in the WorldWhat happens when Earth's most balanced cars succumb to horsepower fever.READ NOW