The VW Atlas Is Finally Here and No Manual For the Alfa Romeo Giulia: The Evening Rush
Plus, a wireless flash drive for your iPhone.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas is finally making its debut. This three-row crossover is the largest vehicle VW has ever built in the US, with a seven-passenger capacity and a powerful 280-horsepower 3.6-liter six-cylinder. The Atlas will directly compete with the Ford Explorer, Dodge Durango and Honda Pilot. After all the negative press and financial burden VW has taken over the past year, a successful crossover could go a long way to help it
The EPA website has shown signs that there will be a 2017 Dodge Challenger G/T with AWD. The G/T will only come with the 3.6-liter V-6 due to the size of the AWD system. In addition, the G/T may come with the same wide body design that will be used for the new Challenger ADR.
So we all waited (and waited and waited) for the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio to come to the US and it finally has made landfall. However, after all that waiting Alfa Romeo has announced that they will not be offering a manual option for the 503-hp sports sedan as previously stated.
Have you ever heard of a wireless stick flash drive before? Don’t worry, I haven’t either. Anyways, SanDisk as created a 128GB wireless flash drive for you to use with your iPhone, iPad, Macbook, etc. Rather than overflowing your devices with data, you can keep all your files and music on this little drive.
Camping is a delicate game of packing light and not being underprepared. Although this game may seem easy in theory, we often lose and find ourselves wondering in the dark without a flashlight—or in this case a saw. Fortunately, this compact saw uses the same structural build as a bike chain, allowing users to tightly fold it for easy transport. So the next time you need to cut wood for a fire or shelter, consider bring along the Nordic Pocket Saw.
Corduroy pants are an awesome way to stay warm during the colder months as far as I am concerned—and I feel that the joys of this fabroc should not be limited to just pants. Fortunately, Best Made Co. agrees, and they decided to design the Corduroy Overshirt. Built with heavy-duty stitching, elbow patches, and dual chest pockets, the Corduroy Overshirt is meant to be used as a daily work shirt rather than a fashion statement. Just be careful not to be the Corduroy version of Jay Leno.
Halloween is finally upon us so it would only be appropriate for you to attend a haunted house this weekend. If you are in the New York City area, we recommend you head over to Blood Manor on Varick Street and get your scream on.
- RELATED2016 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 Spyder Group DiscussionIn which a review of a Lamborghini devolves into an argument over what constitutes a "supercar."READ NOW
- RELATEDAutonomy Is Experiencing its Awkward AdolescenceNoisy, combative, idealistic, given to flights of fancy—the future of transportation is going through some growing pains.READ NOW
- RELATED6 Bizarre Pickup Trucks America Should Never ForgetThe Mercedes X-Class is part of a proud lineage of crazy haulers.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Driver Stop for In-N-Out Drive-Thru While Being Chased by the CopsRecklessly navigating that lifted Chevy Silverado through traffic must've kicked up an appetite.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy the Model X Has Been a Real Problem for TeslaThe company’s attention to solving the car’s issues shows just how many issues it had.READ NOW