Mercedes-AMG Unveils E63 Ahead Of LA Auto Show and Roush May Have A Monster F-150: The Evening Rush
Plus, a cooler with built-in speakers by Alpine.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 is set to debut at the LA Auto Show mid November. According to Mercedes-AMG, the E63 will be powered by a 4.0L twin-turbocharged V-8 pumping out 603-hp and 627lb-ft of torque launching the sedan to 60mph in just 3.3 seconds.
Ford-focused tuning company Roush is making bold claims before SEMA stating that their Nightmare F-150 will be the fastest production truck on the market. Years back that title was held by the Dodge Ram SRT-10 and since that went out of production in 2006, Roush is looking to fill the void. In order to earn the title of fastest production car, the Nightmare will need to hit 60mph in just 4.0 seconds.
Mercedes-Benz has announced that they will finally be building a pickup truck called the X-Class. Although they have officially announced production, they have yet to state whether or not it will make it to the US. The truck is expected to go on sale in late 2017 and it will be based on the chassis of the Nissan Navara. That being said, the new pickup will not has any design cues from the Navara.
If you are in the market for a tactical backpack the SOG TOC 20 is perfect for you. Made of durable Kodra 5000 nylon this 20L bag will happily withstand the elements while protecting your laptop and other delicate gear thanks to a variety of pockets and secure storage locations.
Don’t be complacent with your standard underwear, head on over to Me Undies and start getting underwear three times softer than your normal cotton ones. Starting at just $20 a pair you can change the way you go about your day forever. If this gear segment doesn’t apply to you, I would suggest improving your hygiene.
It is finally getting cold out and we are all looking for our favorite fleece, but what if you lost yours? Never fear, Steep & Cheap has a sale on the always-popular Patagonia Lightweight Synchilla to keep you cozy.
Have you ever wished your cooler had a set of thumping speakers built into them? Obviously the answer is yes and if you have a fair amount of expendable income, you might want to consider the Alpine cooler. Utilizing two 1” tweeter, 2 4” speakers and 2 4” bass radiators, you can really get this thing cranking at your next tailgate or barbeque.
- RELATEDThe War For Autonomous Driving, Part III: US vs Germany vs JapanA face-off between Audi, Cadillac, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes, Volvo, & VW.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhen Was the Last Time You Checked Your Tire Pressure?Sweating the small stuff matters. Here's why.READ NOW
- RELATEDAre Two NFL Stars Betting Six-Figure Cars on Total Receiving Yards?A Rolls-Royce Wraith and a Porsche 911 GT3 are on the line. But is the wager real?READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Porsche’s Mysterious Mid-Engined 911 Race Car Attack the TrackCould this be the next 911 RSR?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Mercedes-Benz X-Class Pickup Truck Concept Is HereIt's cute, but will it be able to keep up with the competition?READ NOW