Camaro ZL1 Dominates The Nurburgring and Neiman Marcus Sells The Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400: The Evening Rush
Plus, the perfect fall henley from Western Rise.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Some people have been fearing the addition of the 10-speed automatic transmission that will be dropped into the Camaro ZL1 and that should end immediately. As made clear by recent dashcam footage, the 2017 Camaro ZL1 blasted around the Nurburgring in 07:29:60, just two seconds slower than the BMW M4 GTS. Gone are the days where the Camaro was just good for going in a straight line.
Neiman Marcus will be selling the ultra-sleek Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 in its Christmas Book. Each year, Neiman Marcus usually pushes some sexy sports car intended as a gift from one affluent spouse to the other, and this year it has chosen the powerful Q60 Red Sport 400. Don’t be fooled by the name: Neiman Marcus has put “solar mica” paint on it, because why not.
BMW has finally released their new action video, The Escape. Debuting the new 5-Series, The Escape is jam-packed with action sequences and glamor shots of the new sports sedan. Head on over to BMW’s youtube page to watch the whole thing.
A Crescent wrench can quickly earn the title of most used tool in the toolbox behind the hammer and screwdriver. With that in mind, you should seriously consider the 10 inch locking adjustable crescent wrench from Home Depot. Locking in the exact size you want, this tool is perfect for all weekend tasks or the construction site.
Red Wing has released camouflaged boots and they are awesome. Mimicking the dead trees and leaves found on the forest floor, your boots will no longer give you away. Just be warned, you cannot wear these to work without getting a good hazing.
Henley’s are a great as a stand-alone shirt or a base layer. Constructed to contour to your body without any bulky collars or creases, they can go with just about any outfit. However, many henleys don’t fair well during inclement weather. Fortunately Western Rise has made a water resistant Henley that will keep you comfortable no matter what adventure you embark on.
Leather weekend bags can often jump into astronomical price ranges for seemingly no reason. Rather than falling privy to the $600 weekend bag, take a look at the beautifully designed Leon Weekender by Nisolo. Utilizing a simplistic design and weathered leather, this weekend bag will only get better with age.
- RELATEDHow to Have a Happy Automotive OverdoseAll the cars you want to drive, all at once. Inside a test day for automotive journalists.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe BMW M6 GT3 Got Me Hooked on That Good Racing StuffTurner Motorsport gave Matt Farah a taste—and sometimes, a taste is all it takes.READ NOW
- RELATEDDriving and Debating Infiniti's 400-hp Q60 Red Sport 400Infiniti gives the Q60 everything they've got. Is it enough?READ NOW
- RELATEDToyota's Hardcore Tacoma TRD Pro Tackles HawaiiShaking out Toyota's badass mid-size truck in one of the wildest and most beautiful places on earth.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo Loyalists Have Something to Celebrate Besides Earth Day and a New Enya Album: Drag Racing!Victor Ellinger and his slightly modified Bertone Coupe lacks only a tweedy Nomex suit.READ NOW