The Jeep Grand Wagoneer Could Cost $140K and the Shelby GT350 May Get a Dual-Clutch: The Evening Rush
Plus, a lantern that repels bugs and a cozy blanket from Best Made Co.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Rumors indicate that the monstrous Ford Shelby GT350 will get a dual-clutch transmission in the next few years. As power numbers continue to increase and track times drop, it is not surprising to hear Ford is contemplating the fast-shifting automatic. Still, we hope to see a manual in this puppy for at least a little longer.
For today’s What the F*** moment, we have Jeep CEO Mike Manley saying the Jeep Grand Wagoneer could reach $140,000. We get that Jeep is trying to make a luxury SUV to compete with the Range Rover, but at what point does it become ridiculous? Let me answer my own question: At $140,000.
Volkswagen and diesel may be “never ever getting back together,” at least in the U.S. (Yes, that was a Taylor Swift lyric—deal with it.) As of late 2015, the U.S. government has prohibited VW from selling any diesel engines in the U.S. and it looks like that may be the case forever; the company says it may never bring diesels back Stateside.
Tracksmith has recently released a top-loader bag perfect for the gym. Made of canvas and leather, the Top Loader has a separate compartment at the bottom for your stinky gym shoes.
There's now a camp lantern that actively repels bugs. At the same time it's pumping out 300 lumens, the Thermacell Repellant Lantern emanates repellent to ensure a 15-foot perimeter free of bugs.
As the temperatures slowly begin to drop, you need to start thinking about blankets. Fortunately, Best Made Co. has an extra-cozy wool blanket from Faribault Woolen Mills. Made of 100 percent wool, this multi-patterned blanket is perfect for your next weekend cuddle session.
There is something about a big, yellow raincoat we all love. Maybe it's our childhood, maybe it's an underlying love of bananas; either way, the Finisterre Noreaster Mac Coat is perfect, and at $155, it's also well-priced.
- RELATEDAccording to Everything, You Are a Really Terrible DriverCongratulations, your shitty driving killed more Americans this year than terrorism, gun violence or AIDS.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow Often Should I Change My Car's Fluids?Think you're getting ripped off by your local quick lube joint? Here's everything you need to know about when to change your vehicle's fluids, and why it's so important.READ NOW
- RELATEDYogis Feel Road Rage, TooBut that doesn't mean the practice won't help you behind the wheel.READ NOW
- RELATEDBrock Yates, Cannonball Run Legend, Dies At 82The most important man in American car culture who never ran a car company.READ NOW
- RELATEDLewis Hamilton in Hot Water for Using Snapchat During F1 Press ConferenceTo be fair, we'd probably get bored sitting there, too.READ NOW