Widebody Dodge Challenger ACR Spotted and Audi Unveils the RS3 LMS: The Evening Rush
Plus, a super-efficient bonfire and hiking boots from Danner.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Ever driven a Hellcat? Then you know it is almost impossible to get all that power to the ground. So we're glad to see spy shots of an ACR Challenger have emerged. The photos show a Challenger with wide rear tires for improved traction, helping push Hellcat levels of power to the pavement. Although a Challenger ACR will reportedly have a widebody kit, the test vehicle shown did not have one. Expect to see the finished Challenger ACR late next year.
This past week, Audi unveiled their RS3 LMS race car at the Paris Auto Show. The heavily modified race car is powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four making 330 horsepower. The car should be available to race teams for the 2016 season.
General Motors and the U.S. military have teamed up to design a new test vehicle. The truck, called the Colorado ZH2, is based off a Chevy Colorado—but has a hydrogen fuel-cell powertrain, a modified suspension, a widened body, Recaro seats, and plenty of other features to better equip the vehicle for military applications. Engineers plan to test the vehicle in the field next year.
Bonfires are great during cold nights, but they cruise through wood supplies, and often create a massive plume of smoke. Fortunately, the folks at Solo Stove have created a bonfire that maximizes efficiency through strategically placed oxygen holes and a two-walled encasement. No more running around the fire trying to avoid nasty vapors.
Turn your Apple Watch into a fashion statement with the Nomad leather strap. Made of Horween leather and a 316 steel buckle, it will transform your watch into a true accessory, rather than just a tiny computer constantly reminding you how lazy you are.
Bass Pro Shop just announced that they acquired Cabela’s for a whopping $5.5 billion. Most of you probably know both outdoor equipment outlets, and if you're like me, have wasted countless ours wondering their aisles. At the moment, Bass Pro Shop does not intend to rebrand Cabela’s but things may change in the coming years.
Danner has always done a fantastic job making boots for the military, law enforcement, and civilians, so even though hiking season may be fading, its wares are worth checking out. If you are looking for a leather boot with plenty of support, consider the Mountain Light Cascade Clovis.
- RELATEDInside the Making of ‘The Escape,’ the New BMW Film Starring Clive OwenWe talk to Matt Mullins, Owen’s stunt driver, about filming the next evolution in an iconic series.READ NOW
- RELATEDWas SpaceX's Exploding Falcon 9 Rocket Sabotaged?Probably not. But SpaceX is chasing down every lead.READ NOW
- RELATEDDear Europeans: Please Stop Talking and Listen to Me NowIn which we return some fire across the pond.READ NOW
- RELATEDBehold the Chevy Colorado ZH2, the U.S. Army’s New Fuel Cell Off-RoaderThe Army looks to go green in a whole new way.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Ford Bronco Is Definitely Coming Back, UAW Boss ReportsAnd in a weird way, we have Donald Trump to thank for this bit of news.READ NOW