The G-Wagen Becomes a Camper and Buick Creates a Sub-Brand: The Evening Rush
Plus, GoTenna Mesh keeps you in contact with friends when you go off-the-grid.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Buick has announced it is addong of a sub-brand called "Avenir." The new sub-brand will add a dash of additional luxury to the carmaker's vehicles, much the way the "Denali" sub-brand signifies a more luxurious GMC.
Vin Diesel has announced the date that the trailer for Fast 8 will be released. According to the star, the trailer will drop on December 11th—and you can bet it will be crammed with plenty of ridiculous lines.
The Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen started off as a mil-spec SUV, but over time, it has become a symbol of extreme wealth. Now, a company named Ququq has made a box that can turn a G-Wagen into a camper in under two minutes. Equipped with a bed and kitchen, this little camper is perfect for exploring the countryside and rediscovering the G-Wagen's rugged roots.
Make sure you can contact your friends and loved ones even off-the-grid with the GoTenna. Utilizing UHF frequencies, the GoTenna Mesh circumvents cell towers, instead relaying signals between the small GoTenna devices. Each device syncs up with your cellphone via Bluetooth and allows users to make secure communications with others up to three miles away.
Tailgating season is upon us, act accordingly. Dakine has come out with a sack-like unit that fits snugly into any five-gallon paint bucket and transforms it into a cooler, with eight koozies surrounding the perimeter. This ultimate beverage contraption costs just $55.
Just because summer is over doesn't mean the sun is calling it quits. If anything, you need sunglasses more once the snow starts bouncing light into your eyes. Steep & Cheap is having a sale on Costa Sunglasses at up to 50 percent off.
It’s flannel season again, and I couldn’t be more stoked. In order to commemorate this wondrous time, I give you the Ball & Buck Premium Hunter’s Shirt. Made of 100 percent flannel with a suede shoulder patch, this shirt is perfect for a day of hunting or a night of sitting around the fire.
- RELATEDIt's Not Just Tech That's Holding Back Autonomous VehiclesWidespread adoption has cultural barriers, too.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Ferrari 488 GTB Instant ReviewA turbocharged stallion with 661 horsepower? Yes, please.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren Snags Exclusive Deal to Build Batteries for Formula EPowerful new batteries could mean faster speeds and fewer pit stops.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Is Faster, Better, and (Kind Of) CheaperThe world’s most common GT racer scores an upgrade.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: 1957 Chevrolet 3100 by Legacy Classic TrucksSo much more than your grandpa's old hay hauler.READ NOW