Honda Civic Hatchback Pricing Announced and the Chevy Equinox Gets a Diesel Engine: The Evening Rush
Plus, Nick Offerman will now read Mark Twain to you.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The Honda Civic has always been affordable, but nowadays, it also packs enough niceties that it doesn't feel like a compromise. Case in point: the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback is loaded to the gills with nice little features, yet it starts at just $20,535.
General Motors has announced the 2018 Chevy Equinox will offer a 1.6-liter four-cylinder diesel engine good for 136 horsepower and 236 lb.-ft. of torque. The choice to go oil-burning is a bigger move than you might think, as the Equinox is one of Chevy’s most popular vehicles. Expect highway mileage to come in around 40 miles per gallon.
The Dodge Challenger Hellcat is one of those cars that enthusiasts either love or hate. So don't read a review about it from just one gearhead—read a dialogue between a bunch of them about the rear-wheel-drive monster. Y'know, like our Slack review of the 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat.
Reading is hard, don’t bother trying (wait, please do, otherwise I won’t have a job). Instead of flipping the pages of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, let the soothing voice of Nick Offerman take you through this iconic American love. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll most likely want a scotch (neat, of course).
Recycling does more than save the planet; it can help you relax, too. The Yukon SomniSmart Hammock is a U.S.-made hammock made out of recycled plastic bottles. For just $79.99, you can turn that super-unhealthy Diet Coke into a laid-back lounging device.
Sometimes a simple leather work glove can be your best friend. Rather than constantly ripping up your hands and turning them into something others dread to shake, protect them with Marmot Work Gloves. For only $40, these leather gloves are perfect for everything from chores around the house to holding the reins of a noble steed.
Tomorrow is the Harbor Island Beer Festival in Mamaroneck, New York. If you opted not to go to the Ferrari Challenge at Lime Rock Park this weekend as I recommended yesterday, then head straight to Harbor Island and enjoy some ultra-rare beers from all over the world, along with killer food to boot. Just remember: don’t drink and drive.
- RELATED2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Instant ReviewOur editors debate the pros and cons of the fiery 707-horsepower Mopar.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Tech Industry, Including Tesla, Has Shown Us How to Rethink Car ShowsFor one thing, let's kill the yearly circuit outright.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Suing Michigan In Effort to End Ban On Direct Auto SalesWith legislative routes blocked, Tesla is taking the matter to federal court.READ NOW
- RELATEDLexus’s New UX Concept Is Packed with Holographic DisplaysBringing a little Star Trek to the Paris Motor Show.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: Tweaked Automotive Brings The Spectre Edition Defender to The ConsumerThese Land Rovers are equipped with everything but the rocket launcher.READ NOW