The Jeep Wrangler Gets Aluminum Doors and FCA Builds A 300hp Fiat 124 Spider: The Evening Rush
Plus, a single-person canvas tent by Kodiak Canvas, and the perfect hoodie from B.M.C.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
In welcome weight-reduction news, the 2018 Jeep Wrangler will have an aluminum hood and doors. This will likely help contribute to the anticipated improved mpg, and may even make taking the doors off a slightly less daunting task.
VW has confirmed both powertrain options for the upcoming three-row SUV. According to reports, the large SUV will be powered by either a 2.0L four-cylinder making 238 hp, or a 3.6L V-6 making 280 hp.
The Fiat 124 Spider is no slouch as is, but it could definitely use a few extra ponies. Fortunately, FCA did an FIA-spec rally car that pumps out 300 hp and absolutely shreds tarmac. Complete with a roll cage, additional aerodynamics, and a surprisingly pleasant white paint scheme, this is definitely a car we need to test.
Mophie has released a protective case that can quickly charge (1.0A) your wireless headphones, fitness tracker, or any other small item. For just $39.99, you can ensure your next workout goes without a hitch (i.e. a dead battery). Conversely, you no longer have an excuse to not workout.
When you think of a canvas tent, you usually think of a large, military-grade version, not a single. Well, Kodiak Canvas doesn’t care what you think, and made a killer single-person tent made with heavy-duty canvas and featuring a skylight, a rain flap, and tapered design.
Rep your alma mater with the new Yeti Collegiate Series. Now you can own your favorite Yeti product with your college’s logo imprinted on the side—just don't leave your cooler in the back of the pickup after tailgating. It won't be there when you get back from the game.
Hoodies are one of the more comfortable pieces of clothing you can own—which means you probably wear through them at an alarming rate. Fortunately, the chaps at Best Made Company have made a reinforced zip-up hoodie complete with elbow patches, heavy-duty zipper, and thermal lining.
- RELATEDHow Will Motorcycles Fit Into Our Autonomous, Connected Future?Two wheels may be the last bastion of unconnected motoring—but not for long.READ NOW
- RELATEDWe Chauffeured Two IndyCar Drivers in a $196,000 Mercedes-Benz MaybachJosef Newgarden and Marco Andretti needed to get to a New York Fashion Week show. We had just the chariot.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Winnebago Vista LX 35B Is a Rolling PalaceOnce you overcome The Fear, this lavish motorhome is the perfect vehicle for camping out at an IndyCar race.READ NOW
- RELATEDRide Along Next to the Largest Airliner in the World as it Takes Off From LAXEscorting the A380 through LAX in a Chevy CapriceREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 16, 2017: Developments in the Deaths of Robby Gordon's FamilyPolice speculate that Gordon's father strangled his stepmother before committing suicideREAD NOW