NuTonomy beats Uber in the Autonomous Taxi Race and Spy Shots of the Corvette ZR1: The Evening Rush
Plus, Dyson produces the coolest "fan"ever and beer from Pine Island Brewing.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
A company called nuTonomy has won the race of providing autonomous taxis. The Cambridge, Mass company started three years ago and is currently live-testing autonomous cars in Singapore.
Spy shots of the Corvette ZR1 have leaked and they show a monstrous rear wing. The 6.2L V-8 currently found in the Z06 should make somewhere in the area of 700hp thanks to a nicely tuned supercharger, but no numbers are confirmed. This C7 ZR1 may be the very last front engined Corvette.
Rumors indicate that McLaren is thinking about shooting for a lap record in the P1 LM at the Nurburgring. The car could potentially break the Porsche 918's lap time.
Dyson recently announced their latest product: a bladeless air purifier that heats or cools the room it is in.
If you fancy yourself an outdoorsman, a solid hunting knife is everything. A good ol’ fixed-blade with a thick handle and blade guard will serve you well for decades if you take good care of it. SOG has come out with a AUS-8 7.5” blade. Do yourself a favor and make sure to use the sheath.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Pine Island Brewing in Pine Island, New York. Founded in 2015, this extremely young brewery has quickly found its footing and has started churning out great beers. With a taproom in an old firehouse and a killer IPA, we cant help but like this brewery.
You can never have too many button downs, especially if they come from Patagonia. Do the right thing and take advantage of Steep & Cheap’s 45 percent off sale on the Patagonia Island Hopper II button down.
- RELATEDAston Martin DB11 First Drive in Tuscany'Twas cleverness, and a couple of turbochargers, that saved the Aston V-12.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Acura ILX Is a Compact Car with Luxury DreamsThe best damn previous-generation Honda Civic money can buy.READ NOW
- RELATEDCalifornia Votes to Cut Greenhouse Gases 40 Percent By 2030In case automakers didn't feel they had enough reasons to start cranking out electric cars.READ NOW
- RELATEDWas the Fast 8 Feud Between Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel a Hoax?Oh, trust us, folks. This report gets even weirder.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren P1 LM Could Shoot for a Nurburgring Record This YearExtreme supercar could attempt to break the Porsche 918 Spyder's lap time.READ NOW