Watch This Exploding Lada Throw Its Passengers Into a Truck
Incredibly, all three survived this insanely horrific accident.
Fair warning: this Russian dashcam video is extremely graphic. Earlier this week, a Lada sprinting up a highway near Volosovo tried to overtake the vehicle filming and lost control, slamming into a Gazelle truck in the opposite lane. The Lada disintegrated upon impact, flinging three passengers into the air like lifeless rag dolls, two of whom were hit by the truck with the dashcam seconds later. Miraculously, the trio survived. The driver of the Lada, who was strapped in the car, died on the way to the hospital.
As the black Lada collides with the truck and shatters, the driver of the dashcam vehicle shouts, “That’s it! Fuck!” Before the footage ends, the second voice audible says “I’m going to call the ambulance. Where are we?” while the driver hops out to check out the front of his truck. The three passengers that were scattered across the road weren’t wearing their seatbelts and it seems impossible for anyone to go through that kind of trauma and survive.
The victims in the Lada were all very young, identified by Life.ru as driver Leonid Mukhin, 20, Anastasia Gerasimova, 21, Dmitry Chapov, 26, and Anatoly Merkulov, 19. Various reports have the trio hospitalized with serious injuries ranging from fractures to brain trauma. The Gazelle truck driver was transported to the hospital, where his condition was listed as “satisfactory,” according to 47news.ru. Here’s hoping for a full recovery for all involved.
While we’ve seen plenty of brutal crashes courtesy of a Russian dashcam, this one is exceptionally violent and hard to watch, so be forewarned.
- RELATED10 Rally Crashes That Might Give You PTSDTwisted metal, broken bones and shattered dreams.READ NOW
- RELATED8 Weird Automotive Crash TestsWatch out for that moose.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Koenigsegg One:1 Just Crashed at the NurburgringSuper-powerful supercar wipes out during testing.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Tesla Model X Might Have Crashed ItselfOwner claims that the car sped itself into a building.READ NOW
- RELATEDAlmost, But Not Quite, Crashing the 2017 Mercedes-Benz E300The high-tech Mercedes E-Class has more than crash-avoidance tricks up its sleeve.READ NOW