Watch a Mercedes-Benz 380SL Smash Up a Ferrari 458 Speciale While Parking
The poor Italian stallion never had a chance.
Whether on the streets of Manhattan or in the middle of a car show, street parking is never completely safe. Just last weekend, a Mercedes-Benz 380SL rearranged a Ferrari 458 Speciale's face in the midst of a Cars and Coffee event in Great Falls, Virginia.
A video posted to YouTube on Saturday shows the German roadster sitting on top of the front-left corner of the Speciale. It remains unclear what actually caused the incident, but according to the clip's description, the driver was trying to park her classic Mercedes-Benz roadster when her car somehow landed on the Speciale. Maybe her foot slipped, maybe she couldn't see the bright red supercar, or maybe she just really has it out for Ferraris. Either way, the end result was not a pretty scene.
In the video, you can see that once the driver realizes her mistake, she tries to dislodge her car and drive it off the Ferrari, but that seems to make things even worse. At one point, the weight of the 3,400-pound roadster pushes down so hard on the Ferrari that it makes the Italian sports cars look like it received a hella-flush stance job...but not in a good way.
(Trigger warning: this clip may cause discomfort among viewers who love Ferraris.)
No word on how much the damage of 458 might run, but considering the value of the car, the repairs will almost certainly run into the tens of thousands of dollars. Guess that's just the price you pay every now and again for street-parking your Italian supercar.
- RELATED10 Rally Crashes That Might Give You PTSDTwisted metal, broken bones and shattered dreams.READ NOW
- RELATED8 Weird Automotive Crash TestsWatch out for that moose.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Koenigsegg One:1 Just Crashed at the NurburgringSuper-powerful supercar wipes out during testing.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Rally Driving Crash-Course at Team O'NeilGolden State native Chris Cantle makes friends with the snow and slush in New Hampshire.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Tesla Model X Might Have Crashed ItselfOwner claims that the car sped itself into a building.READ NOW