Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Pricing Released and Mercedes-Benz Flirting With Electric Sprinters: The Evening Rush
Plus, a loud waterproof bluetooth speaker and Oakley sunglasses on sale.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Toyota has announced pricing for the new Tacoma TRD Pro; as it turns out, the faithful pickup is slowly rising in price. The Tacoma TRD Pro will start at $41,700, and pricing can climb to a little more than $43K. As you might have guessed, the TRD Pro will be ready for off-road action, thanks to a beefed-up suspension that includes sweet Fox shocks.
Mercedes-Benz is flirting with the idea of an Electric Sprinter van—which is definitely something we could get behind. Unfortunately, it's not likely to happen until the end of the decade. But we'll keep an eye on the story; hopefully we'll hear more as this Benz transitions from concept to reality.
China is winning the traffic game today, as their road-straddling bus is finally up and running. Rather than crowding the city streets with another conventional bus, this concept travels high up in the air, well above the traffic below. Unfortunately, the vehicle is currently just a prototype, limited to a 1,000-foot stretch of road.
If you are in the market for a waterproof Bluetooth speaker with two eight-watt drivers and twin subwoofers then you are in luck (and a little picky). The VaVa Voom 20 Bluetooth speaker is the perfect solution for your next water-based adventure. Capable of blasting music for 10 hours straight, you won’t be found void of sound.
Don’t stress about choosing between grill fuel options; rather, embrace the variety with the Volcano Grill. With three different fuel options (gas, charcoal, wood), the Volcano allows users to hone their grill skills and cook up a perfect meal. Plus, it collapses down to just five inches tall.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Santa Adairius Rustic Ales in Capitola, California. Focusing on creating a well-balanced yet simple brew, SARA takes a lot of their inspiration from Belgian-style beers. If you are near the brewery, we recommend you pick up some Lucybelle Saison.
How could you say no to 55 percent off Limited Edition Ink Oakley Frogskins? Trick question—you can’t. So check out Steep & Cheap before the sale ends.
- RELATEDAlong Came a Fiat 124 SpiderItalian roadster, vaguely spicy, awaits more al dente Abarth version.READ NOW
- RELATEDSelf-Driving Cars Will Need Airplane-Like Mandatory Inspections, Economist InsistsEspecially if automakers are going to be the ones liable for any problems.READ NOW
- RELATEDVroom's Virtual Reality Showrooms Could Redefine Car BuyingReal-life test drives could become a thing of the past. (But we hope they don't.)READ NOW
- RELATEDTurkish Reporter Confuses GTA IV Cheats With Secret Coup CodesSomeone better tell her motorcycles don't spawn in real life.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Jeep Hackers Are Back, and They've Come for Your Steering WheelDuo renowned for hacking a Cherokee in 2015 is at it again.READ NOW