Mercedes’ New AMG GT C and Ford Focus RS Buyers’ Wait: The Evening Rush
Plus, the perfect dry bag for your next adventure and a two-tone windbreaker from Vineyard Vines.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Mercedes plans to expand the AMG GT line with a convertible. Spy shots of the so-called Mercedes AMG GT C show a handsome droptop. Power will come from a 4.0L twin-turbocharged V-8 cranking out 456hp. Expect to see the model on sale in 2017.
We all knew the Ford Focus RS would be popular. But too popular? According to Ford, the Focus RS is so in demand that customers who purchased the 2016 RS were bumped to 2017 models. Still, it's well worth the wait: this 350hp hot-hatch starts at a modest $36,605.
Ford has started dishing out Ford GT rejection letters. They're friendly, but the bottom line? "No chance, buddy."
Whether you're at the beach or wading across a river, you want to make sure your gear stays dry. Although there are plenty of dry bags on the market, few are as capable as the Subtech Pro Drybag. Able to keep its contents dry 164 feet below the surface, this rugged dry bag is the perfect safe-space for your most valuable goods.
In the market for a camping-ready knife? Try the Benchmade Grizzly Creek knife. Made of S30V stainless steel, this 3.5” locking knife is also perfect for hunting. (There's a gut hook on the back side).
Today’s beer pick takes us to Burley Oak Brewing Company in Berlin, Maryland. This young brewery’s goal is to make heady beers without harming the land that provides its awesome ingredients. Rocking 16oz cans, Burley Oak has become entrenched in the “can release." Handy.
If you are in the market for a lightweight pullover, take a look at the Vineyard Vines Ultra Light Anorak Packable ¼-zip. This water-resistant, two-tone pullover is the perfect piece of outerwear for the cooler summer nights ahead.
- RELATEDWhy Should Anyone Die in a Car, Ever?Stop pretending it's a fact of life. It's unacceptable, and should be thought of that way.READ NOW
- RELATEDLand Speed Racer Sam Wheeler Dies After Crash at Bonneville Salt FlatsWheeler, 72, was an experienced motorcycle rider.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch 1100 '32 Ford Hot-Rods Take Over an Entire CityDeuce Days is the biggest gathering of '32 Fords in North America.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Audi R8 Nearly Crash at the NürburgringSaved at the last second by one impressive drift.READ NOW
- RELATEDLook At This Fast 8 Dodge Charger With a Turbine EngineAnd listen to those glorious revs.READ NOW