This Is What a Ford GT Rejection Letter Looks Like
We made sure to wipe off all the tears first.
Earlier today, people across the world who had spent months dreaming of owning a 2017 Ford GT awoke to find their hopes dashed against the rocks like a salty ocean wave. The carmaker, it seems, mailed out Ford GT rejection letters this morning.
Among all those thousands of individuals who were punched in the metaphorical gut was one die-hard reader of The Drive, who managed to fight through his sorrow long enough to forward the rejection e-mail along to us. Perhaps he was hoping to dilute his pain by sharing it. We cannot say. But we can share it with you, in an effort to better educate all of our readers who may not have been able to even make it through the application for the street version of Ford's Le Mans-winning supercar. To paraphrase an old poker saying, read it and weep:
Dear [name removed to protect the heartbroken],rr
Thank you for your interest in purchasing a Ford GT!rr
We are thrilled that you share our passion for performance and the all-new Ford GT.rr
The demand for Ford GT from enthusiasts like you has surpassed our very limited production. Unfortunately, we do not have enough Ford GTs to fulfill your request at this time.rr
We have confirmed our Ford GT production plans for only two years. However, if additional production is confirmed, your application information will remain in your profile for easy updating.rr
Meanwhile, we encourage you to stay connected to the latest announcements, news and information through our website: www.fordgt.com.rr
Thank you, again, for your passion for our all-new supercar.rr
The Ford GT Team
We have dispatched a Volvo full of puppies to our dear reader's house in order to comfort him in this trying time.
- RELATEDEverything You Need to Know About the Ford GT Ownership Application ProcessAre you worthy of Ford's halo car?READ NOW
- RELATEDFord GTs Are Good, But They Need To Be Great. Quick.All four Ford GT race cars were on the track this weekend.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow To Buy A Ford GTWant Ford's new supercar? You'd better have followers.READ NOW
- RELATEDPost-Prologue: European Ford GT Holds Its OwnThe other two Ford GTs that will assault Le Mans get a workoutREAD NOW
- RELATEDNew Ford GT Windshield Uses Gorilla Glass, Like Your iPhoneSupercar spec, smartphone tech.READ NOW