Burglars Ram Stolen Corvette into Kentucky Gun Store
We may have reached peak Kentucky, folks.
Early Wednesday morning, one or more burglars rammed a stolen Corvette into a gun store in Louisville, Kentucky before making off with an unknown number of firearms. Add in a Louisville slugger and a bottle of Evan Williams, and this could have been the Kentucky-est crime of all time.
The bold Chevrolet-centric theft occurred around 5 o'clock in the morning, which presumably explains why the Corvette's fiberglass body has not been swiss-cheesed with bullet holes by the gun store's owners in the image above.
According to local news outlet WDRB.com, Louisville Metro Police Department officers responded to an alarm at Tilford's Discount Guns (not to be confused with Tilford's Full-Price Guns, mind you) on south Louisville's Fern Valley Road. When they arrived, they found a massive hole in the side of the building and a silver C4 Corvette coupe inside. The criminal or criminals themselves were nowhere to be seen.
As of Wednesday, police said the owner of the gun store was taking inventory to determine how many firearms the robber or robbers had taken. The perpetrator or perpetrators have yet to be found.
Louisville lies roughly 120 miles north-north-east of Bowling Green, where the C4-generation Chevrolet Corvette was built from 1983 to 1996. It is unknown whether the car was equipped with the four-speed automatic, the six-speed stick, or the confusing Doug Nash 4+3 manual gearbox.
The incident could be considered an example of ram raiding, a specific form of theft in which criminals use a vehicle to smash into a business and empty the joint. However, ram raiders traditionally prefer to use large trucks, vans, or SUVs in lieu of America's sports car, due to the bigger vehicles' sturdy construction and ample cargo capacity.
In addition to the litany of other charges the burglar or burglars are likely to be slapped with if apprehended, we at The Drive assume they will also be hazed by police and prisoners alike for their desecration of a Corvette.
- RELATED11-year-old in Lamborghini Huracan Smokes Man in CorvetteThe children are our future and that future is fast.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Corvette Wagon Could Be Yours by the End of 2016Just don't expect to find it in your local Chevy dealership.READ NOW
- RELATEDAmphibious Chevy Corvair Is a Wet DreamThe Corphibian pickup is unsafe at any speed—or on any surface.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Corvette Z06 Vs. Mercedes-AMG GT-R at the NürburgringThe hills are alive with the sound of V-8s.READ NOW
- RELATEDCorvette Gets Its 100th Win. Finally.Also its 60th one-two finish.READ NOW