FCA Spends Big on a RAM Factory and Prices Emerge For the Ford F-150 Raptor: The Evening Rush
Plus, tech friendly workout shorts and East Coast IPAs from Garrison City Beerworks.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Who doesn’t love a good pickup? FCA is banking on the vehicle's popularity and spending $1.5 billion on improving plants for Ram production. With the demise of the Chrysler 200 and Dodge Dart, the company is focusing on trucks.
Pricing for the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor has been released: The off-road-capable pickup will start at $49,520 for the SuperCab and $52,505 for the SuperCrew. For the money, the Raptor will be powered by a twin-turbo V-6 pumping out 450 horsepower.
The Bentley Bentayga may be pricier, but few would argue that the Land Rover Range Rover has been dethroned as the consummate luxury SUV. Still, JLR is feeling encroached upon. According to reports, the next Range Rover will be designed to compete with the Bentley Bentayga.
While it's nice to be connected, running with a phone is a terrible experience: lots of swinging and the bashing of the device into your poor thigh, already stressed from the exercise. Fortunately, Roka’s Men’s Elite 5” Run Short has a nice cellphone pocket in the back to keep everything in order.
End frayed chargers forever with this awesome steel lightning cable from Fuse Chicken. Resilient to the brutal wear and tear of an active lad, these cables will ensure your phone keeps chugging along.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Garrison City Beerworks in Dover, New Hampshire. This 3 barrel nanobrewery focuses their attention on East Coast IPAs and hoppy, unfiltered brews. If you want to enjoy a nice 4oz taste of these special beers, we recommend you swing by the taproom and have an (increasingly loose) chat with the brewer.
Frye boots absolutely rock. Made of beautifully worn leather, the Frye Logan Work Zip Tote will not only last your entire professional career, but might even start conversations at each interview.
- RELATEDThe Corvette Grand Sport Is the Thinking Man's VetteA V-8 track bruiser for four-cylinder Porsche money.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Toyota 4Runner Adds Two New TRD Off-Road ModelsNew trim levels add additional choices for anyone wanting a badass body-on-frame SUV.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Tesla Model S in the Fatal Autopilot Crash Was SpeedingThe National Transportation Safety Board releases a preliminary report.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolkswagen's $15B Diesel Settlement Has Initial ApprovalOwners of 2.0-liter diesel cars can start looking forward to their payday.READ NOW
- RELATEDLand Rover's Next Range Rover Could Be Even FancierNot that it's a penalty box these days.READ NOW