Hyundai’s New N Performance Line and the Jeep Wrangler Pickup: The Evening Rush
Plus, board shorts from Best Made Co. and the perfect flashlight from Surefire.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Audio of Hyundai’s new N Performance line has been released. The verdict? Boy, does this i30 hatchback sound burpy. Although the i30 is expected to get somewhere around 200hp, the sound reverberates with the might of a much bigger engine.
Spy shots of the heavily-anticipated Jeep Wrangler pickup have leaked and: they are glorious. Although the vehicle is heavily camouflaged, we can see a true pickup bed attached to the four-door Wrangler.
If you didn’t already think the new Pokeman Go game was a bad idea, watch a Baltimore cop as he witnesses a Toyota RAV4 nail his parked patrol car. Immediately, the driver admits he was playing the game while driving.
As you spend you summer evenings exploring all the outdoors has to offer, do yourself a favor and bring along the Surefire E1D Defender flashlight. Capable of cranking out 300 lumens, this palm-sized flashlight is a perfect addition to a small adventure.
Ever wondered what the brochures of a car from 50s and 60s looked like? Well, now you can finally look through this part of automotive history with the coffee table book Automotive Design Graphics. Highlighting the marketing aspect of the automotive industry, this interesting book immerses the reader in the showrooms of years past.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Proclamation Ale Company in West Kingston, Rhode Island. Founded in 2014, Proclamation Ale has done a fantastic job of bringing adventurous beers to Rhode Island. Sticking with four main beers, this young brewery is carefully cultivating a solid lineup.
In the need for a pair of board shorts? Try Best Made Co.’s Navy Board Shorts, currently on sale for only $39. Made of a strong cotton/nylon blend, these high-cut shorts are perfect for combating the hot August sun.
- RELATEDFernando Alonso Is Really Bored by Formula 1The cars are too damn easy to drive, and he'll never win again.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Teenager Built the World's Fastest Production DroneThe Teal quadcopter can hit 85-mph, capture 4K video—and maybe even beat a Tesla off the line.READ NOW
- RELATEDCan Pirelli's Opulent LA Showroom Make Tires Sexy?They're massively important, often overlooked, and...hey, is that Fabio?READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren F1 May Be Resurrected As a 3-Seat Grand TourerSounds like sacrilege, sure. But hear this out.READ NOW
- RELATEDJeff Gordon Is Officially Returning to NASCARRacing icon will fill in for Dale Earnhardt, Jr. for at least two weeks.READ NOW