Florida Woman Crashes Car Into House While Praying
“Jesus, take the wheel,” she said. “No,” Jesus replied.
In yet another story that could only come from Florida, a woman crashed her car into a house last Thursday after she closed her eyes and began praying behind the wheel. If that sounds like a bad idea, that would be because it was a bad idea.
Nwfdailnews.com reports the 28-year-old woman from Fort Walton Beach, Florida plowed past a stop sign without slowing and flew across an intersection before crashing her Ford Taurus straight into the side of a house in the town of Mary Esther, Florida. After the impact, she tried to drive the car out of the hole in the side of the house, but her attempts were stymied when the Ford became caught in a patch of sand.
When deputies from the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office arrived at the scene, the driver told the responding officers that her eyes had been closed when she crashed, as she had been engaged in prayer.
The driver was taken to a hospital to be checked out and was charged with reckless driving with property damage. No word on how severe the damage to the house was, but based on the pictures, it doesn't look too bad. Reports state no one inside the structure was injured.
In any other part of the Union, this might seem odd—but we at The Drive are no strangers to weird automotive-related happenings in the Sunshine State. Remember the time a police chief shamefully wrote himself a parking ticket? The story of a Miata made of cannabis? Or that time when some guy tossed an alligator through the drive-thru window of a Wendy's? Good times.
- RELATEDInfamous Florida DUI Lawyer Tom Hudson Charged With DUIFail.READ NOW
- RELATEDFacebook-Shamed Florida Police Chief Writes Himself a Parking TicketThe law can be brought to heel. Through Facebook shaming.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested for Pitching Alligator Into Drive-Thru WindowBecause Florida.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida, of All Places, And of All Florida, The KeysBike week, spring break, and no room at the inn.READ NOW
- RELATEDNASA’s Orion Spacecraft Visits Florida on way to MarsSuper Guppy transports ginormous part from New Orleans to Cape Canaveral.READ NOW