The New Ford Raptor Makes Serious Power and Hennessey Supercharges the Viper: The Evening Rush
Plus, a backpack made out of fire-fighters' pants and a fleece on the cheap from Prana.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
According to reports, the new V-6 Ford Raptor will produce 470hp, enough to quell any murmurs about a "lowly V-6." A more civil version of the new 3.5L V-6 is expected to make 375hp and 470lb-ft of torque.
Possible good news out of Britain: billionaire Jim Ratcliffe is in discussion with Jaguar Land Rover to purchase either the designs for the old Defender, parts from the assembly line, or both. In other words, it's fun to be rich.
If for some sick reason you feel your Dodge Viper is too slow, turn to Hennessey Performance. Thanks to a supercharger, Hennessey is claiming they can crank the Viper all the way up to 704hp at the wheels. With numbers like that, the Viper will be able to reach 60mph in 2.9 seconds.
The new Tread Multi-Tool by Leatherman combines fashion and functionality, allowing users constant access to numerous allen wrenches, screwdrivers and box wrenches.
By now it should be common knowledge that bunker gear (fireman’s jacket/pants) is extremely durable. With that in mind, why not make a backpack out of it? Recycled Firefighter crafted the Everyday Carry Backpack to withstand whatever you through out of it. Maintaining the iconic look of its origins, this backpack will not only outlast you, but also attract a ton of (positive) attention.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Casey Brewing & Blending in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Founded in the fall of 2013, this young blendery is about exploring barrel-aged beer for the customer to enjoy. If you are able to get your hands on some of their bottles, we recommend you try the Saison.
Spending any nights on the beach? (Legally?) You'll need a fleece. Luckily, Prana has an awesome Helix Midlayer Fleece on sale for 50% off.
- RELATEDSee the Amazing Cars of Fast 8 Filming in New York CityWe get up-close with Dom's Plymouth GTX, Hobbs' MXT, Letty's Corvette and a sizable NYPD motorcade.READ NOW
- RELATEDLewis Hamilton Will Be the Greatest F1 Driver of All TimeThat's right: better than Fangio, Senna—even Schumacher. Here's why.READ NOW
- RELATEDLyft Drivers in San Francisco Could Get Free Chevy BoltsAnother perk to the partnership between GM and Lyft.READ NOW
- RELATEDUber-Like Pokemon Go Chauffeurs Are a Real Thing NowGame players can pay $30 per hour to be driven around hunting nonexistent monsters.READ NOW
- RELATEDI Almost Destroyed Jay Leno’s TV ShowAnyone have an ice pack?READ NOW