We Blew Up That 2017 Ford GT. With Fireworks.
Why? Because it was there. And because we had fireworks.
Yes, obviously, it was a fake. We were the ones who blew up that Ford GT. There was no surveillance video, there was no potential stolen car. We had a tiny scale model of the car lying around the office, so we stuffed it full of fireworks, found a quiet strip of industrial wasteland well away from everyone, and blew that 2017 Ford GT to kingdom come.
Why'd we do it? Two reasons. First off, it's Independence Day weekend. Short of reciting a rousing speech before going out and blasting aliens, we figured the most 'Murican thing we could do was detonate a whole bunch of fireworks inside America's latest and greatest supercar.
And secondly...we did it because we could. That's what America is all about.
Happy Fourth of July weekend, everybody.
- RELATEDWho Blew Up a 2017 Ford GT?Mysterious surveillance video shows new supercar exploding.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Ford GT Windshield Uses Gorilla Glass, Like Your iPhoneSupercar spec, smartphone tech.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow To Buy A Ford GTWant Ford's new supercar? You'd better have followers.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord GT Makes History at Le MansToyota falls to Porsche in wild prototype finish, and Ford takes the GT checkered flag.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord GTs Are Good, But They Need To Be Great. Quick.All four Ford GT race cars were on the track this weekend.READ NOW