The Start of the Pikes Peak Hill and the Volvo S90 and V90 Get Sporty: The Evening Rush
Plus, the perfect book for your next beach day and aggressively preppy pants from Murray's Toggery.
Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
McLaren surprised us all with a new edition of the 570S call the 570S Sprint. The track-focused car will debut at Goodwood Field of Speed tomorrow and is expected to go for a “reasonable” $218,000. McLaren has said the power and torque has been optimized for the ideal track experience.
The Volvo S90 and V90 are handsome cars, but the new R-Design package makes them gorgeous. With an aggressive body kit and a sport-tuned suspension, Volvo has successfully added a little sport to its family haulers.
Today marks the first day of practice for the 2016 Pikes Peak Hill Climb. Dating all the way back to 1916, Pikes Peak challenges adventurous drivers as they push their cars to the limit in attempts to get the fastest time to the top. Known for gnarly crashes and innovate cars, Pikes Peak is an event you shouldn’t ignore.
Looking for a good beach read this summer? What about a book on absolutely nothing? Well, a book about a show on absolutely nothing. Seinfeldia is a new book by Jennifer Keishin Strong that goes into detail on how comedic geniuses Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David created the ultimate sitcom.
A weatherproof duffle is something everyone should have close by when Friday comes around. Capable of handling whatever you throw at it, a good waxed canvas bag will keep your clothing dry and your spirit high. Do yourself a favor and pick up The Transit Duffel by Taylor Stitch.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Third Rail Beer in New York, New York. This young brewery was started by three New Yorkers who loved quality beers and wanted to spread their passion to the New York area. If you're able to get your hands on a can of Bodega, an APA, we suggest you do so ASAP.
By now everyone has seen some rendition of a Nantucket Red pant. Rather than getting an imitation, consider a pair of the originals from Murray’s Toggery Shop. Built to last, these 100% cotton pants with guide you through summer on a cloud of preppiness.
- RELATEDThis 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Is Perfectly RestoredJay Leno gets up close with a prime example of Ford’s underappreciated ‘Stang.READ NOW
- RELATEDDisgraced NFL Player Johnny Manziel Involved in Hit-and-Run AccidentHis badly-damaged Nissan GT-R appears to have been broadsided.READ NOW
- RELATEDCelebrating Aloha Wanderwell, the Amelia Earhart of the CarCelebrating the life of adventuress who blazed her own roadREAD NOW
- RELATEDVolkswagen Is Going to Kill More Than 40 Cars. These 5 Should Be First to Go.Massive restructuring could mean the end for some well-known names.READ NOW
- RELATEDAutonomous Cars Could Bring $20 Billion to HollywoodAnalysts say the less you watch the road, the more content you can consume.READ NOW