Volvo’s Polestar-tuned XC90 Hits 421 hp and the UK Considers Mustang Cop Cars: The Evening Rush
Plus, compass cufflinks and solid beer from OEC Brewing.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Volvo is breaking all sorts of norms by allowing Polestar to tune the 2.0-liter four-cylinder found in the XC90 T8 to a massive 421hp and 501lb-ft of torque. This boost in horsepower launches the heavy SUV to 60mph in a respectable 5.5 seconds. Also, expect to find other sporty upgrades like improved throttle and gearbox response.
Police forces in the UK are “assessing” Ford Mustang GTs as potential patrol cars. Wrapped in that distinctive, highly-reflective police decal, these muscle coupes might be lighting up Brit’s rearview mirrors in the near future.
Mercedes-Benz plans to debut a Tesla-killing electric vehicle by this fall with a range of approximately 310 miles. That is just a hair further than Tesla’s longest range vehicle. In addition, Mercedes-Benz plans to be producing 100,000 EVs by 2020.
Whether you are clearing brush or chopping firewood, a solid hatchet is a crucial. The lightweight (1.75lb) hatchet from Hults Bruk is built to last, with a durable, 16-inch handle and Swedish steel head.
Compass cufflinks will do more than guide your way. On a first date? Crack a joke and tell your date you get lost a lot, when they don’t believe you…BAM, compass cufflinks.
Today’s beer pick takes us to OEC Brewing in Oxford, Connecticut. Combining North German, Belgian and modern brewing processes, OEC has found their niche (along with some serious respect in the brewing community).
It is no secret that Carhartt makes extremely durable products. The Carhartt Canvas Work Short is the perfect article of clothing to keep you cool, yet protected, while working on the your next labor-heavy chore. Plus, they're 38% off.
- RELATEDThe 10 Huge Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Used CarA car dealer with a million-vehicle database speaks truth to power. (Number 4 will shock you!)READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo S90: How Swede it IsVolvo flagship sedan aims for luxury legitimacy.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Honda Ridgeline Quick ReviewCritic's Notebook takeaway: Can a truck be too nice?READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno Doesn't Want to Interview Donald TrumpDenim-clad comic is having trouble finding humor in the 2016 election.READ NOW
- RELATEDSee This Crashing Sprint Car Go Flying Over the Catch FenceLight cars and steep banking make for the occasional jaw-dropping accident.READ NOW