The Nissan GT-R’s Price Jumps and Porsche May Be Making A Smaller Panamera: The Evening Rush
Plus, an app for your favorite national park and hoppy suds from Bare Hands Brewery.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Thanks to some minor updates like a titanium exhaust, the 2017 Nissan GT-R will cost $8,000 more than before. At a base price of $111,585, we wouldn't be surprised to see some GT-Rs reaching price tags around $130,000 when all is said and done.
We all knew the Bugatti Chiron was going to be crazy fast, but know we have video to confirm our suspicion. As an automotive journalist from Car Throttle learned, the Chiron is able to toss its occupants around due to its massive brakes and 1,480 horsepower.
As spy shots made clear, Porsche is testing a smaller version of the Panamera and it will most likely be a mix of the 911 and the Panamera. Think a new version of the 928. Details about the car are still unclear, but The Drive will be sure to keep you posted.
Planning on exploring some national parks this summer? I know I am, but I also know I usually know very little about the park I'm in. Fortunately, a company called Chimani has made an interactive map app for 59 different national parks. The real impressive thing, though? It works without any cell service, so you won’t be a slave to cell towers.
When looking for a good pocket knife, simplicity trumps all. The Gunmetal Mercator Knife by Best Made is the perfect 3” blade for your every day needs. Utilizing a fine carbon steel C75 blade, the mighty Mercator will cut through all your daily materials while still being easy to sharpen and maintain.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Bare Hands Brewery in Granger, Indiana. Founded in 2011, Bare Hands is all about churning out tasty small-batch ales. Cycling 10 taps in their brewpub and only distributing on a limited basis, this small brewery's brews are hard to get your hands on—but well worth the effort. If you make your way to Indiana, we recommend you pick up their Thai.P.A.
Want to hide your midline? Why not grab a camo belt from Collared Greens. With its mix of preppy appearance and hunting style, this camo belt will definitely grab everyone's attention at your next soiree.
- RELATEDDo Cars Have Souls?Yes! No! The answer is complicated.READ NOW
- RELATEDWho Should Appear on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee?Jerry Seinfeld’s guests for the upcoming season are good, but we have some other suggestions.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Lyft Send Shaquille O'Neal “Undercover” As a DriverWe don't buy it. Who sits in the front seat of a chauffeured Suburban?READ NOW
- RELATEDHorse, Woman Hit By Obscenity-Screaming Minivan DriverThis story is rated PG-13, for cruelty to animals and one use of the F-bomb.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche 911 Targa 4S First DrivePorsche tops itself—again.READ NOW