Yet Another Recall From Takata, and Buick Is Dabbling With A Regal Wagon: The Evening Rush
Plus, a Bluetooth speaker made from an ammo case, and summer brews from Anderson Valley Brewing Company.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
It seems as if the Takata recall saga will never end. This time around, Ford is getting hit with a massive, 1.9-million vehicle recall that includes Lincoln and Mercury vehicles. Thanks to a problem with the passenger side airbag inflator, cars like the Ford Mustang, Fusion, and Edge, as well as the Lincoln MKX, are subject to recall. If you own one of those cars and your vehicle was manufactured between 2005 and 2011, you may want to check your mailbox.
Although it's just a rumor, we're nonetheless excited to hear that a Buick Regal Wagon could be a possibility. The five-door Regal variant was recently mentioned in a Buick/GMC dealers meeting in Austin, Texas. Alone, this may not seem like that much, but Buick has been contemplating a Regal wagon for a while now. Time to pony up, Buick.
Spy shots of the 2018 BMW M5 have been released, and although the sporty sedan is still very heavily camouflaged, we can see some aggressive styling to match the reported 600 hp coming from a twin-turbocharged, 4.4-liter V-8. Plus, reports indicate that BMW engineers are working on a rear-biased AWD for the 2018 M5.
A durable wallet is everything, especially when you're planning to jam-pack your summer with tons of awesome activities (beach, camping, and of course, spelunking). With this in mind, you may want to consider purchasing an ultra-durable wallet made of decommissioned fire hose from Recycled Firefighter.
Want a Bluetooth speaker made out of an old ammo case? Sorry, that was a dumb question; we know you do. The audio geniuses at Thodio have created just that, by converting a .05-Cal ammo box into a speaker with a 17-hour lifespan.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Anderson Valley Brewing Company, in Boonville, California. Founded in 1987, AVBC has earned the title as one of the original craft breweries. Although they've proven themselves very confident with ales and stouts, AVBC has branched out into sour beers as well, and one of their recent creations, the Briney Melon Gose, has proven itself one awesome brew.
A ship’s sail has to be durable, waterproof, and able to stand the test of time. With all these benefits, it makes sense to create a ditty bag from the same material. This is exactly why Maine-based Sea Bags created the Navy Stripe Sea Sack.
- RELATEDSlow Response to Takata Recalls Is Putting Motorists in DangerBarely one-third of vehicles with the deadly Takata airbags have been brought in for service.READ NOW
- RELATEDAlexander Rossi Dominates The Indy 500 And The Dodge Charger Gets A Four-Cylinder: The Evening RushPlus, a wireless parking sensor from Fensens and tasty brews from Wormtown BreweryREAD NOW
- RELATEDTakata Issues Another Recall and Honda Brings Us a Civic Hatchback: The Evening RushPlus, Jacob Jensen Air Quality Monitor and world-class beer from Toppling Goliath Brewing Company.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Design Converts GT3 Exhaust Into SpeakerBig, heavy, expensive, awesome. You know, like a 911.READ NOW
- RELATEDTakata Exploding Airbag Linked to Death of TeenagerHonda Accord driver died in July after the car’s airbag exploded; it’s the eighth U.S. death attributed to a faulty Takata inflator.READ NOW