The Return of the Hertz Mustang and a Street-Legal NASCAR Car: The Evening Rush
Plus, the awesome Radinn WakeJet and Indy brews from TwoDEEP Brewing Company.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
According to Consumer Reports, the 2016 Toyota Prius is the most efficient hybrid ever, getting an impressive 52 mpg. That's average, folks.
Quick, run to your nearest Hertz dealer (or 17 select ones) and pick up a 2016 Mustang GT-H for the weekend. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Mustang, Hertz has decided to rent out these honking V-8s once again. We just hope whoever rents these bad boys stays far, far away from any car meets.
Want to buy a bizarre 460hp street-legal NASCAR? This Frankenstein car is made up of a variety of different cars, using a Ford rear diff and a Ram clutch. Selling for a cool $69k, this may be worth investing in, if only for one gravel-spewing, back road afternoon.
If surfing and jet-skiing had a baby it would be the Radinn Wakejet. This electric powered board is capable of cruising at 29mph for an awesome 15 miles. Weighing in at only around 55 pounds, the lightweight Wakejet is portable and the perfect solution when there are no waves.
Machine Era has recently released a new pen called the No. 2, just like the name, the durable pen is extremely simplistic and the perfect tool for documenting your daily life. Made of a heavy-duty brass body, this 1.7oz pen has the perfect weighted feel to easily glide over your notebook.
In honor of the Indy 500 being this weekend, today’s beer pick takes us to TwoDEEP Brewing Company in Indianapolis, Indiana. Founded in 2010, this relatively young brewery has grown to 15-bbl system. Using cans, the brewery has been able to distribute their tasty suds throughout Indiana . If you find yourself in Indianapolis this weekend, we recommend you pick up some Lake IPA.
Have you ever seen two pro skateboarders do tricks in zero gravity? If the answer is yes, you live a cooler life than me and I congratulate you. If you are like the rest of us, check out this awesome video of Tony Hawk and Aaron Homoki as they shred their boards in a Zero G aircraft. The rad video was shot using a SONY action cam.
- RELATEDUber or Lyft? What Your Car Service of Choice Says About YouPolling the youth to learn the merits and misses of Uber, Lyft, and Car2Go.READ NOW
- RELATEDNow the Head Of the USAF Is Jumping On the F-22 Production Re-Start BandwagonAnother pass in the ongoing dogfight of priorities within the USAF.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhat Kind of Man Can't Drive Stick?This kind. But I am willing to learn.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi A4 Quick ReviewCritic's Notebook takeaway: Audi's Bauhaus used to feel like my house.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Nic Cage Film Based On The USS Indianapolis Disaster Doesn’t Look That Horrible—Or Maybe It DoesCome to think of it, there are a couple red flags.READ NOW