Ariel’s Offroader and Hennessey’s 1000-hp Corvette: The Evening Rush
Plus, the ultimate action cam and patriotic swim trunks from Chubbies.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
The Ariel Nomad is a beefed up, offroad version Ariels's iconic, lightning-quick skeleton car. Starting at $80k and going all the way to $92k, this offroader might just be the fastest dirt-road traveler this side of a professional WRC car.
Volkswagen is seriously diving into the ride-sharing game by investing a hefty $300 million in Gett, an Uber competitor. Unlike Uber and Lyft, Gett hails regular taxis and black cars to the customer. Volkswagen says they invested in Gett to enter the less traditional automotive segments.
Hennessey recently built a 1000hp Corvette Z06 to own drag strips from Maine to Santa Monica. In a video by Hennessey, you can hear the supercharger launching the Corvette toward 200mph with a ferocity befitting a car with a horsepower rating in the four figures.
Memorial Day Weekend is coming up and stuffing your clothing into a black trash bag isn’t exactly a good look (unless you're Chris Farley's "Tommy"). Do yourself a favor and pickup the durable Scout 21 Duffel from North St. Bags. Made of a 1000 denier Cordura® outer shell and a waterproof liner, this duffel will last well past the summer's end.
Add some data to your action video with the Olympus Tough TG-Tracker Camera. Incorporating a barometric pressure meter, thermometer, GPS, compass and accelerometer, this rugged camera will take a beating and still capture every aspect of your adventure.
Today’s beer pick takes us to J. Wakefield Brewing in Miami, Florida. Johnathan started the brewery after dabbling with homebrewing in 2005 and quickly gained respect with his famous Dragon Fruit/Passion Fruit Berliner Weisse. Now, JWB has become one of the top craft breweries in the country and regularly churns out amazing brews, like Hop For Teacher IPA.
Time to get your ‘Merica on with The Gooses from Chubbies. With a five inch inseam and dashing good looks, these swim trunks are bound to steal the show this summer until you inevitably rip them with an overambitious split.
- RELATEDShould Apple Build Its Own Car?Or should it buy Honda? Decisions, decisions...READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 10 Best Indy 500s Ever, #6: Al Unser Ties the Record!Watch the greatest Indy upset of all time.READ NOW
- RELATEDNYC's New Cadillac House is More than a Brand-Experience ExperimentIt’s an incubator for what the brick-and-mortar economy does that the internet can't.READ NOW
- RELATEDShowdown: Chevrolet Camaro SS vs Cadillac ATS-VWill Sabel Courtney and Sean Evans face off over which 2016 Alpha platform sports car reigns supreme.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This 3,200HP Twin-Supercharged Ford Mustang Run a 4.18 QuarterDon’t blink. You may miss it.READ NOW