Watch This Jet Boat Power Up Rapids Like a Boss
“I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...”
Remember the old children's book The Little Engine That Could? The story of an upbeat, hardworking locomotive that managed to persevere against the odds to clamber up a seemingly impossible gradient? Well, the captain of this little jet-powered boat must have read that story a whole bunch as a kid, because he points his humble watercraft straight into the heart of these rapids with the confidence of a cartoon character.
And damned if that cute, 20-foot jet boat doesn't plow right through those rapids with the ease of a Land Rover going through a puddle. It's over so fast, you have to go back and watch the video a couple extra times to prove to yourself that it actually happened. Those waters look powerful enough to sweep a herd of Brachiosaurus off their feet, yet this spry red dinghy seems to have almost no trouble zipping through the foaming torrent on its way to greener pastures upstream.
Nicely done, jet boat. The next time we're forced with a tough challenge, we'll be sure to think of you and your can-do spirit.
- RELATEDHenrik Fisker Designs a Dream BoatThe man behind the Aston Martin DB9 and BMW Z8 has a new project. It’s a yacht.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: The Ecopebble Powerbank Is Incredibly ResilientREAD NOW
- RELATEDThe Drive's $1.4 Billion Powerball BonanzaLet The Drive be your financial planner.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Twofer: Speargun and an AirboatGet in touch with you inner bayou man.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren's Design Boss Just Built the World’s Most Beautiful PowerboatFrank Stephenson penned the modern Mini Cooper, Ferrari F430 and the McLaren P1. Now check out his 31-foot, all-electric boat.READ NOW